Chapter 12

"Why is this happening to me? Did I fall in love with the wrong person? What did I do to deserve this?"

Around her was pitch black, not a single light was seen, trying to find at least something sharp to cut through the rope, she shifted her chair slowly, not expecting a hand to help her. "You need help, dear?" Jared grinned, it wasn't as she expected, the smile was looked rather worried than happy. After untying, he leaned close, and like usual, he kissed her forehead. "Why do you keep doing that?" He remained silent, "Nothing, my dear."

He disappeared into the darkness, a sudden sound awoken Elaine to her senses, there was light, and rather than looking like a dirty basement, it was a nice, festooned room. With a large bed on the right and a few couches a table. It looked quiet comfy. Sitting on the couch, Jared held a coffee on his Hand as another coffee sat on the table, "What time is it?" Trying to keep her voice calm, Elaine struggles with learning about the usual knowledge she knew. "It's four in the morning." Jared replied as he took a sip on his coffee in a gallant manner. Watching her every breath, Jared could see she was having doubts in her mind, "My dear, would you like to hear a story?" He smiled. Astonished by the sudden suggestion, Elaine nodded. He raised from his seat and went to a nearby table and refilled his coffee. "This story is about a boy, let's call him... Lawrence. Lawrence was born in a rich family and he had always been loved by his beautiful face, but as the second child, he was neglected by his parents. When he asks for their love and attention, all they give him was money." He sat back to the couch and took a short, silent sip on his coffee, "In school, he was very popular, he was such a behave student, everything was perfect for him... Or so he thought. One day, he was playing with his friends until he stumbled upon a girl, she was pretty, smart and kind, like every boy's dream girl. Lawrence fell for her for the first time he had encountered her" Elaine interrupted him, in a hasty voice, she said, "So, it was 'love at first sight huh?" Jared chuckled at her remark, "Yes, it was like that...As time passed, he knew what he had to do, confess." Elaine suddenly had a quick thought, "He got rejected?" He nodded  as a response, "And he fell again, and again, and again, and again... and again." His eyes wandered around the room, Elaine averted her gaze to his Dark Orange eyes, there was a hint of sadness found inside, somehow, she felt pity for him. Suddenly, their eyes met in a second, but the second felt like an hour. Elaine felt her heart beating, her knees felt weak. Was she scared, or was she was so in love that she becomes too weak to even handle her own body?

"Why are you telling me this?" She asked, Jared felt amused by her amusing question, "Elaine, Lawrence managed to move on and tried to convince himself to never fall in love again, because he is afraid of being rejected once again, and he believed that no one will ever love him the way he loves them. He's scared of being left and neglected by the people he loves." He caressed her cheeks as he placed a kiss on her forehead, "Lawrence is Jared, Jared Lawrence V. Denapien. And the moment his brain started to go crazy for the girl his heart chose, he became quiet possessive. He didn't wish to be alone again, he wanted his love to stay with him. He didn't want to be the 'Once upon a time' if he didn't have his 'Happy Ending'." Her cheeks flushed, feeling her heart beat even faster, she knew he could feel every beat, and so he leaned closer to her, wrapping his arms around her as she buried her face into his chest, and with him resting his head on her head, "I'm sorry..." she breathed as their embrace slowly turned warm, "It's okay, I understand how you feel, I hope you understand how I feel also." Their hug lasted for minutes for what felt like hours, time slowed as they both accepted each other. "May I know your story?" He said as his hands slowly travelled to her hands, and as their hands intertwined. "Well, unlike you. I was born in a normal household, but that was after my mother and my biological father divorced, my real father made me as his heir to his business, and I'm guessing that was the reason why I was... kidnapped." She paused for a second, reminding herself that she had lost two people during that time, "And yeah... I became crazy in love with you, but you ignored me and... not much really happened... And uh-... Sorry." She finally ended her sentence as she couldn't find the correct words to speak, "It's alright. I already know everything about you." He grinned as he lowered his tone when he spoke the last sentence.

He broke the embrace and slowly headed to the table where the coffee maker sat. Slowly, Elaine tried to see what he was up to, but Jared hid it perfectly, "Here you go, you need fresh coffee to drink my dear." He said as he, once again, placed a peck on her forehead and gave her the coffee. She was cautious at first, but she shrugged the feeling and drank the coffee. "Oh! It's just how I...." Jared took the cup and placed it on the table before catching her in his arms without much effort, "Sleep tight, My dear."

                                                 ********************************

Sitting on the center of the snowy couch, a slender, beautiful woman with rosy hair sat with grace as she waited for her dear friend. With perfectly made hair, with a perfect make up with a touch of her lipstick color, wearing a golden necklace with her black dress with her arms exposed as the strap only covered the center of her shoulders, on her waist was a golden belt festooned with jewels, a misty bracelet on her hand and sunglasses on her head, with a black earrings, held a black purse, she looked eternally gorgeous. Behind her was a brown haired girl with dark violet eyes, she wore a green dress with a V-neckline and a silver belt around her waist, she wore a suit jacket around her her back as she also wore a golden choker around her neck.

"What time is it, Kirsten?" Her voice was a soothing but a hint of anger could be heard, "Four fifteen." Kirsten muttered. Stachy flipped her hair on her back as she crossed her legs, "You can sit if you're tired, Kirsten." Kirsten shook her head gallantly, "No thank you. I'm alright."

Jared walked into the room with a black suit on as he tried to fix his necktie, "Thank you for your patience ladies." He said, still struggling with his tie, Stachy sighed and went to him, fixing his tie, she said, "Where's the money." "I'm sorry to say but, I'll be giving this instead, I changed it into your name." He said before handing her a card, "A black card?" He nodded. Making the tie too tight, she grabbed the card and went to Kirsten, "Next time, make sure to keep your promise. I didn't give you drugs for nothing. I am only doing this in favor of a friend whom I lost. be thankful." And before they could leave, "You look badass." Jared said in amusement, she turned her head, "I know." And they left him. He exhaled deeply as another person came in, "I expected a greeting." He said in a low tone, it was rather soft and alluring. "Ah yes, my mistake. Good morning, Sir. Josh."