1

Chapter 1: The Ball

Tyra Pov

Tyra Pov

      "Hey! I asked for turkey!" The king scolded one of his servants for bringing him the wrong dish. I put my head down while standing at the entrance of the dining hall where the king and his family go to eat every night. His oldest son, The prince had arrived late and took his seat, watching the events unravel.

"I'm sorry, your Majesty." The servant I knew named Abel bowed on one knee in front of the king.

"Please, Don't do this in front of the kids." The Queen looked into her husband's eyes looking for a bit of properness, wishing her spouse would spare the life of this blameless man. The king loved his wife dearly and would frankly risk his kingdom for her.

"Don't do that." he cleared his throat, knowing he would give in to his wife, but she didn't give in.

"Fine, I will not spare him, Carry him to the dungeon we will deal with this later." The guards grabbed Able as he screamed and wailed.

"Are you excited about becoming The King soon, My son?" He always spoke about this matter during dinner, he'd speak about becoming king first and how he had to marry a wealthy woman from an exceptional kingdom.

"Yes, Father." The oldest boy's voice was deep and Raspy, every time he spoke it.

The King dismissed the workers and I ran quickly to the servant's quarter. In the servant's quarter, there were two bodies in each room, female and female and male to male. They did that so we wouldn't be able to form romantic relationships, but it was still possible to do so during work hours and outside.

The beds were twin-sized and they felt awful to sleep on. The white from the walls continued to vanish as the years went on. The floors creek when you step on them. The room didn't have any no windows.

I shared my room with Lena, she was thirty-six, Twenty years older than me. She was a tall dark woman, with strong muscles and a good brain and she'd always tell me stories about what happened on her excursions.