i didnt kill my mom

"Gia? can i ask you something?" i asked giving into my thoughts. she hummed as a response to ask, "are the rumors true?" i asked her, i knew i had a look of guilt plastered on my face. she looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows. "be specific on which rumors. AIDS? witch? predator?" she sarcastically said. "all of em" i looked away from her really feeling bad about asking. "i've never had AIDS, if i did id be dead. i never drop acid. i didn't kill my mom. never gotten an abortion. and ive never ever put my hands on someone who didn't want me to" she said clearly annoyed she had to clear that up.

"what kind of a person can kill their mom?" her voice was reeking with desolation. i regret ever asking anything. "i'm sorry i asked, i just wanted to-" she looked at me with a glass look in her eyes, "wanted to know if i was sane? yeah well have fun doing this project alone" she wiped her eyes and left. what did i do? i wanted to go after her, but i wanted to give her space.

i went after her. "Gia, come on please. i was just curious" i said as i sped walked right behind her, "you don't even know me, why assume the rumors are true?" she sounded mad. "i'm sorry, please Gia" i pleaded. she stopped in front of a 7/11 and turned to look at me. "we'll work on the project, we'll talk about the project, we'll see each other about the project, but nothing else. once this project is done we don't speak to one another" she pointed at me and walked into the 7/11.

i sighed and walked away. i should've never asked. "she's definitely pissed at you, what'd you do?" this girl who was standing by the 7/11 window asked me, i furrowed my brows at her. "i'm Beverly. so, what'd you do?" she asked again, "kinda questioned if she killed her mom" i said with complete iniquity, her mouth dropped open. "you think Gia would kill her mom? that girl adored her mother" she looked at me stunned. "you know her?" i asked the blonde haired hair, "uh huh" she nodded still with her mouth ajar.

"walk with me, kid" Beverly led me over to another street. "me n Gia go way back. probably since she was a baby, i used to babysit her. Gia's relationship with her mother was always really strong, they were inseparable, they looked exactly the same as well. Gia's mom was a model in the ninety's, she loved it, and Gia knew she wanted to be like her mom and follow in her steps" i listened to Beverly speak, she spoke about Gia's mom like there was no other.

"Gia's mom ended up pregnant with Gia in the year two-thousand, she had Gia in May and left her with her to Paris. they lived there for a bit and that's where i met them and got hired to babysit Gia when i was around fourteen. in the years i babysat Gia, the more i noticed the small changes in Gia's mom. as Gia grew up, she started noticing them too. when Gia was ten, her mom was diagnosed with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or as people say, AIDS" i listened to every word carefully as she spoke, i pictured the whole thing in my head and i couldn't ever imagine being in that situation.

"by the time Gia was eleven, her mom was already dead. she was breathing and she was alive but she looked dead. her hair had fallen off and she had so many rashes in her body. poor thing was struggling to live, but she wanted to for Gia. she ended up dying at least two weeks before Gia's birthday. Gia's bio dad was shot up in Boston when she was two. i took her in, but you know at that time i was twenty-five and not prepared to take care of a kid. social services took her from me and put her into foster care, she met her father now and he took her in as his own. i check on her from time to time. she's struggling" Beverly wiped a tear that fell from her eye. i felt bad. i had assumed she did kill her mom.

i feel bad now. i has assumed it was true. i don't do that. i have never assumed rumors about a person were true. but i assumed these were? what is wrong with me?

A/N: i gave up on my other book don't even ask me what it was.