𝟔 . 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞

School was over

School was over. Max walked out of school and towards her brothers shiny black car.
He stood outside it. Max could tell he was annoyed. "You're late again." He said tensely.
Maxs heartbeat went up. "Yeah, I had to get catch-up homework." She said opening the car door. "Jesus. I don't care." Billy said before getting in the car. "You're late again, and you're skating home. Got it?"

He started the engine and pulled out of his parking space. In no time they were zooming down the empty road. Billy was definitely going way over the speed limit and it scared Max. But she knew she couldn't say anything or else she'd be screamed at. Heavy rock music boomed out of the radio. "God, this place is such a shithole." He said, looking out the window.
The car smelled like old cigarettes.

"It's not that bad." Max said. Billy turned to look at her. "No?" He said quietly. He opened the window and inhaled deeply. The wind blew Maxs hair back. "Mmm! You smell that, Max? That's actually shit! Cow shit."
Max pulled the window back up.
"I don't see any cows." She said shortly.
"Clearly, you haven't met the high-school girls."

Max rolled her eyes and leaned back into her seat. Billy scoffed. "So what, you like it here now?" "No." Max replied.
"Then why are you defending it?"
"I'm not." She argued.
"Sure sounds like it." He answered back.
"It's just we're stuck here, so..."

"Hmm," Billy hummed. The music in the car was deafening. "You're right. We're stuck here." He slowly turned it head towards her.
"And whose fault is that?" He said accusingly.
"Yours." Max mumbled.
"What'd you say?" Billy raised his voice.
"Nothing."

"Did you say it's my fault?" He said, his tone of voice becoming a scary tone.
"No." Max's voice was gone shaken.
"Good because you know whose fault it is." He spoke. "Say it." He said his voice deep.
"Max..." he taunted. "Say it."

Max kept her eyes on the road, not saying a word. Suddenly Billy full force turned around to her. "SAY IT!" He screamed in her face.
He slammed his foot down on the gas, his hands gripping the wheel angrily as he hummed along the music. Max could see his muscles tensing. As the car picked up speed, Max could see the familiar ghostbuster costumes in the distance. It was Mike, Y/N, Lucas and Dustin all cycling together on the road. Shit. She thought.

"Billy," Max said, panicking. "Slow down!"
"Oh, these your new hick friends!?" Billy laughed. "No! I don't know them!" Max lied.
"Oh, so, I guess you won't care if I hit'em?" Billy teased, but Max couldn't tell if he was joking or not. "Do I get bonus points if I get'em all in one go!?" He said.
"No, Billy, stop! It's not funny!" Max exclaimed, trying to stop him.

Billy revved his engine and laughed at Max who was about to start crying.
"Hey, guys?" Dustin said, looking back at the car. "What the fuck?" Y/N said as the car became closer. "GO! GO!" Mike screamed.
The four of them cycled onto the side of the road. Y/N focused on the car with her kind and made it swerve to the other side of the road. The blood began dripping from her nose.
"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Dustin exclaimed as he fell over. "You okay?" Lucas asked as he helped Dustin up. "Asshole." Y/N muttered as she watched the car continue driving.
"Who was that?" Mike questioned.

"YEAH!" Billy yelled. "That was a close one, huh!?" He laughed. Max looked out the window, trying to see if they were okay. She looked extremely worried.

"Was that..." Lucas stuttered.
"That was Mad Max.." Y/N panted, wiping the blood away from her nose.

•••

Will and Jonathan drove down the street. It was later on that evening and the trick or treaters were starting to come out.
"I just don't get what she sees in him!" Jonathan exclaimed, talking about Bob.
"What?" Will asked. "Bob." Jonathan said with disgust. Will laughed quietly. "At least he doesn't treat me different." Will said.
"I mean, I can't even go trick or treating by myself. It's so lame." Jonathan made a fake gasping noise. "What? You think I'm lame?" He joked.

Will shook his head. "No, but it's not like Nancys coming to watch over Mike, you know?" Jonathan sighed quietly.
Eventually they reached the Wheelers house where the rest of the party was. Jonathan stopped the car. Will got his pillow case and was about to get out of the car but was stopped by Jonathan. "Hey, listen." Jonathan spoke.
"Yeah?" Will questioned.
"If I let you go on your own, you promise to stay in the neighbourhood?" Jonathan promised. Wills face lit up. "Yeah! Yeah, totally!" Will smiled.

"And be back at Mikes by nine, okay?"
"Nine...thirty?" "Nine." Jonathan said.
Will nodded and got out of the car.
"Deal?" Jonathan stuck his hand out the window and Will took it. They shook hands.
"Deal." Will said before running up to his friends. Jonathan handed Will the camera.
"Don't let any of your spazzy friends use this."

"Will the Wise!" Y/N exclaimed, giving him a fist bump. "Will!" Lucas called out. "Egon!"Mike laughed. "Okay, let's go!" Dustin exclaimed.

They went to the first house of the night and rang the doorbell. An old lady answered and smiled. "Trick or treat!" They all called out.
"Oh, wow! Aren't you cute, the little exterminators!" She exclaimed, dropping candy into each of their pillow cases.
They all stood there in shock. Full size candy bars.

They continued walking. "If I get another three musketeers, I'm gonna kill myself!" Lucas sighed. "I'll take them!" Y/N exclaimed.
"Yeah, what's wrong with three musketeers?"
Lucas looked at them in shock.
"No one likes three musketeers." Mike said.
"Yeah," Will added. "It's just nougat." Mike fake gagged. "Woah, I take this really personally." Y/N said, placing a hand on her heart. "Just nougat?" Dustin scoffed. "It's way more then that!" "It's definitely top three for me." Y/N stated. Mike and Will laughed. "You guys are gross." Will shuddered.
"Top three!" Lucas exclaimed. "Yeah, they're so good." Dustin shrugged. "Seriously, I could eat a whole bowl of nougat." Y/N said.
"God, give me a break." Mike chuckled.

Suddenly, someone in a Michael Myers mask jumped out of the bushes. Mike and Y/N jumped and hugged each other, Dustin hid behind Will, while Will covered his eyes and Lucas stood there screaming like a little girl.
The person held up a plastic knife and laughed at them. They took off their mask to reveal the same ginger girl. Mad Max.
"Holy shit! You should have seen the look on your faces!" She said between laughs.

"You two were holding on to each other like there was no tomorrow!" She pointed at Y/N and Mine who were still hugging each other.
"You hid behind him!" She pointed at Dustin who was in shock. "And you scream like a little girl." She pointed in Lucas. "Seriously? Who screams like that!?"

They were all in shock as Max continued walking. She turned around to see them all stuck in place. "Hey, you guys coming or not? I heard we should hit up Loch Nora! That's where the full sized candy bars are!" She exclaimed. The five of them looked at each other before walking after her.