XANA Awakens, Part 4

The two stood silently as the elevator rattled down to the lab. Marinette, had already made it inside the lab, nervously watching the screen, "Felix? It's alright. Backup's coming!". She sprang up, handing the earpiece to Alya. She, Tikki and Nino headed one level lower to the scanners. "Ready for the big plunge?" Alya asked as she hit enter on the keyboard, initiating the virtualisation process.

The two hovered slightly above the air as their digital avatars formed; this time they landed perfectly. "I still look like a giant turtle," Nino murmured, looking down at his costume.

"And I'm still a giant ladybug," Marinette sighed.

"Move it! Felix still needs you!" Marinette and Nino glanced at each other before heading off.

**********

Through the aching pain through her body, Chloe sat up straight, holding her head as she shuddered at the ache from her muscles. "Oh, my head..." Her sobbing father pulled her in to a tight hug, only to be stopped by the security guard Roger Raincomprix. Suddenly, she gasped. "That wrench!" She screamed. "These three brats are going to pay for humiliating me like this!"

"Who? Who did this to you, dear?"

"Dupain Cheng and her stupid friends! Ugh! They started the super-whatchamacallit thingy at the factory! We need to go get them!"

"Dupain Cheng?" Andre repeated. "She's not that kind of girl. It's difficult to believe she would do- "

"You're going to take her side instead of your daughter's?" She screamed.

He and Roger exchanged a glance. "Very well. Where did you say she was again?"

**********

Felix rushed through the glacier, barely escaping lasers that the bloks are firing. He quickly jumped onto a chunk of ice. The blok managed to reach the edge, firing at him, only to miss, hitting the edge of the ice chunk closer to the tunnel. He watched as one of the bloks attempted jump on another ice chunk, but it lost balance and fell in the water. He smiled at himself. Then, two krankralets (small cockroach monsters that he had named) appeared by his side. They looked at each other, then proceeded to jump on the little ice chunks. Felix frowned, jumping into the tunnel just behind him, a krankralet following soon after, whilst the other fails to reach the platform, sinking instead. As he slid down the tunnel, the monster continued firing at him, only managing to hit him once on his back.

Both he and the krankerlat fly out of the tunnel, Felix barely managing to slide to a stop by the ice wall. The krankralet however, smashed against the wall, exploding into red pixels. Looking around, Felix quickly took up, noticing a trio of bloks circle around him. He stepped back, only to be met by the ice wall. "Uh... Marinette?"

"Hey Blok head!" A voice called out. "Over here!" The three monsters and Felix all spun to see two figures approaching. Nino held out his shield, covering both him and Marinette as Marinette slowly began to spin her yoyo. She threw it at the closest blok; the string wrapped itself around it. The plasma like energy surrounded the blok causing it to explode into red pixels.

Marinette retracted her yoyo, running to Felix's size. "Hey, Felix. N-nice to finally meet you," she stuttered. He smiled at her.

"No time for flirting!" Alya's voice boomed. "You've got work to do."

If blushing was possible, Marinette would have turned beet red. Instead, she hid her face, spinning the yo-yo fast enough to use it as a shield.

Nino side eye glanced at the blonde. "Nice to meet ya, dude, I'm Nino."

"Felix," he nodded.

As a book fired at him, he shielded himself and Felix. "I would love to destroy one of these things but, I don't know how to do it with a shield."