Not your average detention

"I've got rights you know!" Lincoln yelled as he looked around the detention room. Though calling it a detention room was a bit generous. Lincoln was standing in a dungeon cell waiting to be questioned by Obelisk force's commander. To be honest, Lincoln was a little worried that he wouldn't be leaving in one piece. The door was opened and a young man entered. This was no ordinary Duel Academy student, this was Sargent Zane Truesdale, the acting commander of Obelisk Force. And as always, Zane wasn't smiling. As long as Lincoln had been at Duel Academy, he never seen Zane smile.

 As long as Lincoln had been at Duel Academy, he never seen Zane smile

Lincoln nervously smiled at Zane. "Not again Loud!" Zane said. "Mind hurrying this up Zane? Any minute now, I'm gonna turn into a pumpkin." Lincoln joked. Zane didn't even look amused. "So funny." He said, his voice being emotionless as usual. Lincoln sunk into his chair, looking a bit embarrassed. Zane pushed a file towards Lincoln. Lincoln nervously opened it up to see a picture of the Supreme King. "You know who this is?" Zane asked, staring at him intensely. "That's the Supreme King, the vigilante." Lincoln said trying to keep calm. "You saw him, didn't you Loud?" Zane asked. Lincoln nervously gulped and nodded. "Well, you should know, this attack was just the tip of the iceberg." Zane said. "No deaths this time but 26 people were injured and others scared out of there-" "Dr Crowler!" Lincoln blurted out. Zane looked at him, a little confused by Lincoln's outburst. "I mean, Dr Crowler was teaching the class I was in." Lincoln explained. "Dr Crowler got out. As did you, our recent transfer student." Zane explained. "Loud, as far as I'm concerned, you've been always getting into trouble since you started attending Duel Academy. It's no wonder that you're in the Slifer Red dormitory!" Ugh, here we go, Lincoln thought to himself. He was happy in the Slifer Red dorm. He didn't care that it was the lowest of the dorms, to him it was a home away from home. "Ease off Zane! I'm fine in my dorm." Lincoln said again. "You may not know this Loud, but we only have the best here at Duel Academy." Zane said, staring at Lincoln. At this time, Lincoln was staring at the floor. Suddenly there was a banging at the door. "Come. I said come in!" Zane said, slightly annoyed. The door opened and in walked a young boy who was wearing a red frock coat with a crimson waistcoat and bow tie. The boy's appearance was rather odd because he looked like a Dalmatian. He was holding two cups.

 He was holding two cups

"Thanks." The boy said smiling at Lincoln as he entered the room. "My hands are full." He handed a cup to Lincoln. "Care for some tea?" He asked, looking at Lincoln who was trying not to laugh. "Mr Loud this is-" Zane started. "Inspector George Dickson." The newcomer introduced himself. "New New New Sector Security." "From the Synchro dimension." Zane finished. Lincoln rolled his eyes. 'Inspector Dickson' took a seat next to Lincoln. "I'm helping the locals out with this Supreme King fella." He said. Zane looked like he was a little annoyed by 'Inspector Dickson' but as usual his face was unreadable. "He's the guy that The Professor recommended to us." He explained. "Though I'm not sure why he was recommended." "The professor and I, we're old friends. We go way back." 'Inspector Dickson' replied before pulling out something from his pocket. "See? Photo of us in New Domino City. That proves I know him. I need to talk to Mr Loud." "In private?" Zane asked in confusion. "Sector Security business." 'Inspector Dickson' said with an air of authority in his voice. "The eyebrows say I'm in charge." Zane sighed in disbelief and left the room, his face emotionless as usual. Lincoln breathed a sigh of relief as soon as Zane was out of earshot. "How did you-" He began. "Not yet." 'Inspector Dickson' whispered. Making sure no one was looking, he activated his duel disk.  A red light flashed through the room and Lincoln shielded his eyes. "Ah, that's better. Don't want any eavesdroppers." Marshall Jason Onodera said as the light turned out and he turned around to face Lincoln. "How's it going, Linc?" Where were you?" Lincoln asked, obviously quite annoyed by Marshall's late arrival. Marshall pulled out a paper bag from his coat. "I stopped for chilli fries." He explained opening the bag revealing what Lincoln thought was a disgusting mess! It hardly looked like food at all.

" He explained opening the bag revealing what Lincoln thought was a disgusting mess! It hardly looked like food at all

Lincoln sighed as Marshall took a bite of the slop. "Want some?" He offered. Lincoln shook his head in disgust. "I'm good." He said, trying not to gag. He understood why Lana liked those things but he didn't even want to touch them. "Took me a long time to find a Big Bang Burger." Marshall explained as he took another bite of the mess. "I can't believe you." Lincoln said shaking his head in disbelief. "You're just as bad as Bruno!" "Hey!" Marshall said looking at him. Lincoln could see that Marshall was still eating as he could see his face had what looked like sauce around it. Lincoln waited for Marshall to finish his chilli fries. Then much too Lincoln's disbelief, Marshall handed him one of the fries. "I said I'm good." Lincoln said trying not to be disgusted by it. "I want your opinion on something." Marshall explained. "You see, whenever I have chilli fries, they always taste the same. But these ones taste a bit... Different." Lincoln nibbled on the fry he was given. It did taste different than the fries he had eaten back at Royal Woods. "But what's this got to do with the Supreme King?" He asked in confusion. "I saw him." Marshall said getting Lincoln's attention. "He was at Big Bang Burger when I was getting these. I got it on video!" Marshall pulled out his phone and showed  Lincoln the video.

 I got it on video!" Marshall pulled out his phone and showed  Lincoln the video

Lincoln couldn't believe his eyes. In the video, the Supreme King was standing in front of a Big Bang Burger counter and he didn't look too happy about it. "You disgust me." He hissed at the guy behind the counter. "This miasma you call food, it's foul-smelling,  oily digestive preparation. Everything human reeks!" The guy behind the counter just nodded as he handed the Supreme King a bag. "Yeah, probably the onion." He said. The Supreme King just opened the bag and sniffed inside. All the same, I find myself craving the entire putrid experience." He said as he walked away. Lincoln was already scratching his head when the video stopped. "He likes the same food you like?" He said. "Yeah and that's the weirdest thing." Marshall added. "From what I heard, he's been coming thereafter he appears at Duel Academy! It can't be a coincidence." Lincoln nodded, seeing where Marshall was coming from. "I already informed Bruno. We need to find a pattern of these attacks" Marshall said as he and Lincoln were leaving the detention room. Lincoln looked at his duel disk and gasped. "Oh no! I'm late for beginners fusion." "Meet me as soon as you get out of class." Marshall said as he walked off still eating the chilli fries. Lincoln nodded as he walked off to the classroom. Back into the dragon's den, he thought.