1

Last year, on this same day, I was taken off world to fight in the Apex games, and I won. However I didn't win alone, I had my friends Octane and Bloodhound. Today I see them again after one year apart. The communication has been rough, between different time zones and different lives.

My stuff is already packed and the ship is waiting for me, and I don't want to keep it waiting. I grab my belongings and head out for maybe the last time again. As I walk the streets of my home city I feel stared all on me. Winning the Apex games gains you popularity, no matter where you're from. When I reached the ship I handed my things to a guard and board quickly.

The ride to the planet where the games take place wasn't long thanks to sleep. This year's game was at an arena called "Olympus" on the planet Psamathe. Unlike last year's arena "storm point" this time we wouldn't have to make camps around forests, we could camp in big buildings.

I felt the ship come to a thump on the floor. I was back. I walked into the very doors I left a year ago and everything looked the same. The receptionist recognized me and let me walk back to the same room as last year. I never thought that going up an elevator would be so exciting but this time it was, because it meant I would see my team again. 

Ding. There we go, top floor. As I stepped out of the elevator, the door on the right side of the hall swung open, Octane.
"¡Haha Amiga, Hola!"
Octane practically yelled as he poked his head out of his room, although I didn't take him long to run his metal legs over to me,
"¿Como estàs? Yo soy bien. ¿Y tú, Y tú?"
He spoke fast, like he ran. To be honest I only knew a bit of Spanish,
"¿Què?
That was all I knew,
"Haha! It means hello, how are you?"
He laughed as he spoke,
"I-"
He didn't let me finish speaking. He was so excited that he was running in place, but then again that's normal for him.
"Someone's been waiting for you!"
He spoke very giddily from behind his mask. As if it was planned, as soon as he said that, a masked person, my masked person open their door quickly.

Houndy. They were here again. I dropped my luggage and ran to them, and they ran to me too. I got scooped up into their arms and lifted up into the air, then brought back down to their eye level. Our foreheads were pressed against each other's and our breathing was synched, as if it were a cheesy movie.

Octane walked up behind me with my suitcases in hand,
"I'll walk these to your room amiga, you go with them,"
Octane spoke happily and started towards my room. I remained in Hound's arms, I don't think I had a choice on being put down right there. They walked into their room and shut the door with their foot, then lied me on their bed.

They reached up and temporarily removed their mask, and it hissed as it released their face. Hound gently pressed their lips to mine as their larger body hovered over me. My hand reached up to cup the side of their face as our lips were locked. I felt them smile into the kiss, causing me to do the same. After we were done they put their mask back over their face and lied beside me. It was going to all be better again.