4

Today was the day. The second year of the Apex games for us. If we won this year we would have a choice to come back next year or not, but it would have to be at least two out of three of us that agree on the choice we make.

I got up reluctantly at the sound of my alarm and walked to my closet. Right in the middle was my Apex outfit. I put it on and was reminded of last year, it still fit like a glove on me despite the fact I gained a couple pounds. The outfit was comfort least, so I wouldn't be more miserable out there. I then walked to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, and did all morning necessities.

Once I walked out, I saw Hound and Octane also leaving at the same time as me. We all walked down and we were informed that we wouldn't ride on the same ship as the rest, safety issue or something like that. Our ship was definitely fancier than a normal drop ship, it had snacks and such on it for the ride up to the arena.

Once we got to the map, we were right beside the drop ship for the others, I noticed that there was a camera following us as we approached, as soon as it was focused on us the announcer spoke,
"These are your Apex Champions,"
It spoke and we appeared on the screens around the arena and presumably on TV for people to watch.

I was the jump master and I picked a spot with a red room that was open in the middle, it was on the side of a giant mountain in the center of the map. I pointed to it, with the camera still on us, and we jumped at the same time. The wind blowing was cold, and sent shivers through my body, I don't know how Octane was doing with his girly crop top outfit.

We landed and split up to grab loot. I found my favorite load out immediately, an R301 and a Trippletake with a 2x4 scope,
"Yes,"
I whispered. There was a lot of ammo around some meds as well. I grabbed all I could and regrouped with Hound and Octane. They found good loot too, and that was a good sign that we started off well. I pulled out our digital maps and pinged a spot that we could scout at. After that we headed there, there was no turning back now.