3

The walk to the restaurant was filled with chatter. It started off with random subjects but now we're talking about our lives in the past year,
"Amiga, what have you been up to,"
Octane shifted his attention to me to start the conversation,
"I've been home. My planet is a very bad place. It's filled with crime and lots of poor people in bad conditions. I didn't go out much in fear of being robed now that I'm kind of popular,"
I explained quickly.

Octane and Hound nodded their heads in understanding, then Octane spoke,
"I've been living life the best I can. With all this money that's mine and not my dad's I can spend and live how I want,"
He seemed happier than I was with the money from last year.

Now the attention was on Hound,
"Well, I stayed at my home planet, training in the wilderness for our next hunt,"
They spoke more calm than Octane,
"Amigo, is that why you rarely responded to our texts,"
Octane butted in. Hound nodded. I already knew this but it was a good refresher. We sprocket the restaurant and as soon as we got inside I realized this was a very fancy restaurants

I looked at Octane with confusion on why we went to a fancy restaurant and not a normal one and he shrugged,
"It's a reunion, I figured there should be some sort of nice treatment,"
He spoke and turned to the lady at the check in. His reasoning didn't really make sense to me, we were friends and there wasn't much of a reason for formalities like this.

We got seated at a booth table at the back of the restaurant. Hound and I shared a side, they were on the wall side, and Octane got a side to himself. We all started browsing the food options while making small talk.

Once we all got our food, Octane started talking about how he knew a little more about the upcoming arena than he should. He said that there were around two hot spots that had been a hit in previous years and that we should stay away from them. The spots were called "Estates" and "Hammond labs". Both spots were in the middle of the map, which is where the safe zone will be, so we may have no choice.

Apparently the arena was very dangerous. Considering it is floating in the sky, but Octane said it has spots in the arena that you could fall through and die from. This all sounded stressful, but we could do it.

After we left the restaurant we all decided to spend more time together. We walked around the city and enjoyed our lives before we possibly lost them. Our lives had all changed since we won the Apex games. I was able to pull myself out of being poor, now I live in a nicer place. Octane is living his best life with the money, and having freedom. I'm not sure what Hound's life has improved on, if anything at all. It wasn't until now that I realized these two are the ones always going to be here for me.