1 5

HE HAD IT COMING

Interviewer: Did you know that morning that Chicago would be your last show?

Kathryn Summers: No... [Laughs] I wasn't expecting it to be my last show with Daisy Jones & The Six at all.

12pm. That was the time right now. 10 hours before they played in front of Chicago. 4 hours until soundcheck. Kathryn was sat on the bed of her and Eddie's suite, staring out the window at the bustling city of Chicago.

Eddie sat beside her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Both of them were harbouring secrets that they were too afraid to tell the other. Kathryn was pregnant and Eddie wanted to quit the band.

"How are you feeling?" Kathryn asked, turning to look at him.

"I'm feeling like I want to make love to my wife and forget about real life for a while," Eddie said, leaning towards her. Kathryn smiled against his lips, arms snaking around his neck.

"I'm okay with that," Kathryn said as she lightly pushed him back onto the bed and slid on top of him. Eddie's hands landed on her hips as she leaned down to press sloppy kisses against his neck.

"You're perfect," Eddie said, watching her as she slipped her own shirt over her head, tossing it to the ground. Eddie's hands ran up and down her thighs before he began unbuttoning her shorts, helping her shimmy out of them. "Mine," he whispered, his hands returning to her hips.

"Yours," Kathryn breathed, pushing her lips against his.

Foreplay never lasted long when it came to Eddie and Kathryn, they simply just couldn't hold themselves back for very long.

By now they have had sex in almost every state in America. They'd done in on the bus, on the private jet, back stage before the show started, the balcony, multiple bathrooms, in Eddie's childhood bedroom. They were like rabbits. They couldn't stop themselves. They made each other feel complete.

Kathryn Summers: I loved the way he would stare at me, no matter what I was doing, how I looked, he would always look at me in a way that made me feel more than beautiful.
Eddie made me feel like nobody could compare to me. He didn't even have to tell me that, I could see it in his eyes.

Eddie Roundtree: When you date a woman as beautiful as Kathryn there's two things you have to do, 1, always make her feel loved and 2, keep an eye on all the guys in the room.
I trusted Kathryn, it was other men I didn't trust.

"Have you ever thought about having kids?" Kathryn asked, drawing circles into the skin of Eddie's chest, her head resting on his shoulder as they laid in bed.

"I suppose... once," Eddie shrugged. "When you told me about... you know," he cleared his throat, kissing the top of her head, breathing in the smell of her shampoo.

"Did you like the idea?" Kathryn asked, wondering how she was supposed to drop this bomb on him.

Eddie shrugged. "I guess so," he said. "I mean, I just want whatever you want. I want to give you the world, Kat," Eddie said. "So, if you want kids, i'll give them to you," Eddie pressed a kiss to her lips, followed by her jawline. "You want to perform for the rest of your life? I'm right behind you. If you want to never work another day, i'll work my ass off to support us," Eddie said.

Kathryn shook her head. "I don't want you to things because of me, I want you to things because you want them," Kathryn said. "So, do you want to have kids?"