SOMETHING SUPER SWEET

There's something about Saints' Square that seems to lure young people to it

There's something about Saints' Square that seems to lure young people to it. With its assortment of small boutiques and inexpensive restaurants, it was no surprise that it attracted tired college students, sulky high schoolers and overworked graduates. In the neon lights of the evening, the guests' skin would be tinged with their fluorescent colours as they walked, gossiping about a new idol group or biting into custard buns that were encased in pastel paper pouches. As the late hours approached they would make their way to the resthouse of the hormonal, heartsick and hungover: Cheries Café.

Cheries was a place where one could forget oneself and one's life through a small sip of a caffeinated hug-in-a-mug or one of their French hybrid pastries. The mezzanine's worn armchairs and tales were where every rumour's source was situated, where every relationship started and where every Friday night out began.

So, as the night falls, pull on a varsity jacket, wipe off the smudged mascara and walk yourself to the resthouse. The entranceway is lit by LED rose-coloured lanterns, warming your cheeks with a wistful sort of embrace. In the second your eyes meet the neon sign whispering the cafe's name, you feel at home- you can almost hear your mother making your favourite red pepper omelettes and your father singing to himself as he picks flowers from the garden. And whilst this utopia-like reality embraces you, you find yourself making your way up the stairs paved with mismatched flower pots. Empty your heart as our waiters serve you a tall glass of rose milk if you arrive in the summer to calm your nerves or a steaming cup of brown sugar milk and a gingerbread man to warm your soul in the winter.

Hold on darling, things may seem bad now but in one sip of your drink, you'll be at home.

— ✢ —

i just wanted something gushy and happy and romantic and comfy so here is something super sweet!! this piece has been published before and i missed it a lot. there's a lot of nostalgia associated with it, so i hope you enjoy! slots will be up next week at some point!!
tag 3+ friends if interested !!