Reaching You - 3

After school I traipse into Ms Brickett's classroom, whishing that she'd had to go home for an urgent matter, but alas, no such luck.

She sits at her computer tapping away furiously at the keyboard and doesn't even look up when I walk in. Instead she commands, "Take a paper and begin the test."

I slump into one of the seats and let out a sigh. I don't understand why she's fussing over this test, it's not like it's that important.

"If you're wondering these tests are going to be used to predict you final grade. In other words, its important!" She smirks at the computer.

I start to fidget, feeling anxious suddenly about the peculiar teacher. Maybe this what teaching teenagers does to you, the thought make me shudder.

I feel relieved when Kris walks in and takes the seat next to me, at least I don't have to face that monster of a teacher on my own.

"Hi." He greets me with a smile.

"H-hi!" For some reason, I feel myself smiling back.

"Stop talking at once! This is detention, not a social convention!" Ms Brickett yells.

We both carry on with our tests under the watchful eye of Ms Brickett, and soon enough detention was over. After handing our tests in Kris and I head through the dimly lit corridors. The school seems so quiet and deserted, as Kris and I walk side by side in a comfortable silence.

"Ah Kris!" A voice says, startling me. Mr Walters approaches us with a devious smile. "Oh. So you finally got a girlfriend. About time. I actually thought you were gay."

The way Mr Walters says this actually shocks me more than the fact that Kris has never had a girlfriend before, which is pretty shocking because Kris is quite good looking. Wait. Did I just call him good looking? I feel my face becoming hotter at my thoughts.

"Pete! Anyways, she's not my girlfriend." Kris mumbles the last part.

"Really? Then why are you both blushing?" He asks curiously.

Surprised, I turn to Kris, who's covering his face with a hand, but his ears have gone a cute pink colour. Now I just called him cute! My blush deepens. Something is definitely wrong with me today!

"Anyway, I need to borrow you for a second." Mr Walters declares, he grabs Kris by the ear and pulls him away from me.

Now is my chance to escape, I give a quick wave and run as fast as I can out of the school. As I walk way from school, I take deep breaths to get my cheeks to return to their normal colour. I'm so deep in thought that I don't notice my bus until it's halfway down the end of the road. I sigh, I might as well walk now, but then, of course, it starts to rain.

The rain soaks through my light brown hair and makes it cling to my face, I can hardly see where I'm going as I stumble around with my eyes half open as the rain hits directly in my face. I walk into a lamppost and even though it was only a small bump it knocks me over and I stumble into a soggy, wooden bench.

I'm really hating water today, I hate the water in my water bottle that made me get a detention, I hate the water in the rain that's drenching me from head to toe. I also hate the water pouring down my face right now in the form of tears. I don't even know why I'm crying.

Today's just not my day.

.....................................................................................................................................

Do you ever get those days?

I had one of those days today which is why I wrote this chapter.

I walked all the way home in the rain, without an umbrella singing:

"Don't be sad, No NoNo,

You are not alone, No No No."

I feel as if I'm talking to myself but I guess that's okay.

Someone's at the door now.

I can't be bothered to answer it.

Ciao!