Reaching You - 8

Kris was still holding my hand, the heat it was passing was making me tremble. My hand was going numb in his, so I gently pulled it out of his grip.

"Do you like him?"

"Huh?"

"Do you like Rick?"

Oh, so that was his name.

"No way!" I shake my head.

"So is there someone you do like?"

"Hmm." My heart is thumping so hard, I wonder if it will break out of my chest. My throat is dry and I can't speak, so I nod in answer to his question.

"Oh." Kris shifts nervously, "Well..." He takes a deep breath. "I like you."

Wah? Really? I'm so shocked! He's joking, isn't he?

'If he really likes you, he'll come running.'

"W-water!" I croak. I search my bag furiously, but then remember how I took all my anger out at my water bottle and threw it away.

"H-here!" Kris gave me his water bottle and I took a long swig from it.

I was nearly done when his caramel eyes met mine, his cheeks were tinged with pink, it's funny because the match the colour of his lips.

Lips. I spit out the water.

Indirect kiss!

"Sylvie," Kris rushes to my side and pats my back frantically.

I wipe my lips and smile at him, this boy, he really cares for me. I remember I haven't clearly told him how I feel yet.

"Thank you! Even though I said that I'll be by your side. You've always been by mine. We've only known each other for a few weeks now. But I feel as if I've known you forever. I can't really express myself to people so I don't really know what to say right now."

"You can express yourself, you are right now. Say what you have to. I'll always listen." He gives me one of his beautiful smiles.

"I love you."

...................................................................................................................................

I think I might just be able to finish this! There's hope!

The last chapter will either be the next or the one after.

Sayounara!