Chapter 6 (breakfast and...a hickey??)

I thought it was a dream but I guess not.
We were supposed to go to bed, eventually we did.

Anyways I got up and threw on some sweats and a tube top before I went to the hall bathroom.

I started doing my skincare routine and then rinsed my face when Mindy terrified me

"NOOOO FUCKINN WAYY!" She yelled.

"What the hell Mindy!? What happened to knocking?"

Ignoring what I just said she goes "that's not what I think it is."

She points at me.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

I turned around and looked in the mirror, it was 100% what she thought it was...a hickey...was I going to admit that out loud? nope.

"It's a bruise I'm always accidentally hurting myself." I explained

"You think I don't know what that is Tara? I GIVE them to people, I'm gonna K*LL Chad."

"Or just don't." I said

"You two did exactly what I said not to."

"OH so you're the only one that can get laid?"

"NOT YOU ADMITTING IT!" She shouted.

"You're so dramatic." I laughed and covered the spot on my neck with some makeup.

"You better wear your hair down today." She teased.

"Mindy I get so sick of you." I joked

We both put on some makeup and fixed our hair, Mindy went downstairs first and Chad was already ready down there.

I walked down to see Mindy scolding him.

"You're DISGUSTING!" She said "you couldn't at least be subtle?"

"Grow up Mindy." He said back and he walked away laughing

He noticed me coming down the stairs and walked up to me.

"Mindy gave you the third degree too huh?" I said

"Worth it, I don't care." He smiled and leaned down to kiss me.

He smelled really good all the time, he definitely wasn't one of those guys with a stench that burned your nose.

I hugged him and then we walked to the kitchen, there was no breakfast so I asked. "We going out to eat?"

Sam replied "Gale wants to meet us at some breakfast restaurant, waffle palace."

"A food bribe." Chad said cocking his eyebrow.

"Whatever I'm hungry, let's just get this overwith." I said shaking my head.

We all rode in the same Car, Mindy giving me and Chad the stink eye from the 3rd row back seat. We ignored her while texting about her.

Tara: [The hell is wrong with Mindy]
Chad: [she's just being Mindy, she'll get used to it]
Tara: [i know I could ;)]

He looked at me and we both laughed to ourselves

We made it to the restaurant, before we got out I made sure my long wavy hair was perfectly in place.

I liked my outfit today, simple mom jeans with a long sleeved black top and my Chad necklace.

We got a table and ordered our food

Danny and Sam sat on one side, me and Chad on the other. Mindy sat at the head of the table and there was one more chair left.

"So uh, Whens the weather lady coming?" Chad said "cuz when I finish my food I'm gonna gonna be about ready to leave."

We all laughed .

"She said about 10 more minutes." Sam said reassuring him.

Just then a lady in a slim fit knee length black dress walked in. Gale Weathers.
"Speak of the she devil." Mindy whispered to me and I laughed to myself.

She found her spot at the table easily.

"Hey Gale." Everyone said in greeting.

"It's nice to see everyone again." She replied.

I was giving her a bit of a side eye and  I guess she noticed because she said, "Listen I know you're not too fond of the idea Tara, but think about it, you don't know how to help Sam...maybe this will." She explained.

"Gale with all due respect, I see what you're trying to do here but if this interview inspires another psycho, not only will they come for us but they'll come for you."

She nodded silently.

"Gale...I almost lost Chad and Mindy because of this...Mindy lost her girlfriend not very long ago." I said.

Mindy looked down and I reached over to hold her hand.

"You more than anybody should know what it feels like to lose somebody over this, I just don't wanna initiate it again, things are finally getting back to normal." I said.

Sam took a sip of her drink "I've had a  night to think about it and yeah I agree I guess, maybe I should work on caring less what people think...an interview won't change everyone's mind about me...I think I'll just leave it alone Gale." Sam explained.

"When you put it that way it makes sense." Gale said, "I'm sorry I just, I've barely spoken to you all since it happened...I just wanted to help in some way, I'm sorry if I've caused issues."

"It's alright." Sam said.

We all ate our food and caught up. Mindy and Gale talked about their traumas from loss and we all chimed in here and there. All in all the morning wasn't as bad as I anticipated.