Renew

Knuckles pov

Today was supposed to be our two year wedding anniversary and for some reason I was going to our favorite restaurant for lunch. I order my food over the phone and walk in the restaurant to wait. As I was waiting I heard a familiar sound and looked over seeing Sonic watching the video he made on our one year anniversary. I sighed and walked over seeing a tear fall on the screen when the video ended on my smiling face. "So you kept the video?" I asked and he jumped. He goes to hug me and for some reason I back way. His smile went down and he sat down. We talked and he told me what had happened which deep down I believed but I had to be sure. He left the restaurant when his food was done and I just saw the pain in his eyes. My name came up next and I grabbed it before leaving. I call tails and asked to come over and he said it was ok because he and Amy had to tell me something. So I did and my heart sank when they confirmed Sonic's story. They even showed me the evidence including the cvv camera footage of scourge walking casually passed the table and dropped the drug in sonics drink as it was being brought to him by the waiter. God I'm such an idiot! Sonic must hate me deep down. I had to go talk to him so I finished eating and left tails house. I tried to unlock the door but noticed the locks changed. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Sonic seemed surprised but I saw his tail wagging. Seeing the house being just the same except the food boxes made me feel happy a bit. When he told me what his therapist said to do and he couldn't I actually loved that he didn't. I really fucked up and should've heard him out. So we talked and the next thing I knew it we were in our bed. I saw our wedding bands around his and smiled. Perhaps we can mend this and try again. We made love and fell asleep in each other's arms. I was actually very happy we talked it out and the sex was better than ever.

Sonic's pov

I smile waking up thinking last night was a dream until I turned over and saw knuckles asleep. "HOLY SHIT IT WASNT A DREAM!!!!" I thought smiling and see our wedding rings still around my neck. "I promise knuckles I won't ever break your trust again I love you my Ruby." I whispered and kissed his forehead before drifting back to sleep. When I woke up again he wasn't in bed but I smelt a familiar scent that had me downstairs in just my boxers. There he was chopping up some oranges as tea was brewing in the kettle and fluffy pecan waffles were being cooked. "Morning" he said and I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Good morning" I kissed his neck and shoulder. I lay my chin on his shoulder as he squeezed a orange in the juicier and I noticed he was wearing his wedding ring. It made my heart flutter and I let him go so he could get the waffle out. That's when I noticed my was on too and I was overjoyed. "So I'm guessing we're ok?" I asked and he nods. "Maybe we after breakfast we could head to the courthouse and renew our vows." He said and i jumped into his arms making him drop the waffle on the plate. "There's nothing I rather do more than to remarry you knux"I said and we go to kiss only to be interrupted by the doorbell. "The hell?" We both said and I got to the door. I was surprised seeing silver and espio at the door. "Hey silver hey espio what brings you guys here?" I smiled cheerfully. "Is knuckles here?" Espio asked which I found odd. "Ummm yeah.... Hey knux the—HEY!!!" Silver grabs me and placed something over my mouth making me feel dizzy.

The last thing I heard was knuckles  yelled at them and then him falling to the ground.