i hate you but you are my greatest desire.

wednesday | lunch
kq university's cafeteria

"you better win this match so that my party won't be a waste!"

the moment both san and seonghwa sat down on their usual table in the cafeteria, mingi exclaimed not in a sort of threatening manner but more of a tease. all members of the team snickered in disbelief, with their sense of pride reaching as high as eiffel tower, they're too confident they will win this match.

"we have choi san in the game. are you that worried?" yunho nudged the younger's shoulder, bemused with his previous statement.

"hey, i used to be one of the best players in the game. so of course i'm worried. now that i backed out because of that giant choi soobin who was the reason for my broken ankle, heck yeah i'm that worried." mingi couldn't help but roll his eyes in irritation, especially mentioning choi soobin, a star player from hybe university.

"what do you mean 'because of that giant choi soobin' when you're just as tall as him? but not gonna lie, it is a shame you backed out. however, worry is the least of our minds." hongjoong commented, reassuring mingi that they will win the upcoming game. "no need to fret, mingi. just fret about your dislocated ankle."

chuckling a bit, everyone swore they saw flames emanating out of mingi's ears, purely red and burning, "yah! my ankle is not dislocated. at least i'm tall enough to reach the ring. what about you, captain?"

"well, i sprint faster than you."

"aha! that's it?" mingi cackled, seeming like he's mocking his friend. "but i do gotta give you that, you should have been a running competition."

"nah, too busy." hongjoong took his fork and stabbed his steak, taking the food in his mouth. "practice again later, don't forget." he reminded everyone once again and they all nodded in unison.

mingi and jongho quickly changed the topic from his ankle to the party on the upcoming friday. most of the time, san is talkative with his group of friends, but somehow a particular person could only cross his mind. he stayed silent, deeply thinking about the red-haired cheerleader and his malicious words yesterday. the taste of spitefulness he felt with the words wooyoung just told him, literally in front of the whole crowd.

for the first time in his life, it humiliated san. just about 40% of embarrassment and the majority is fury. come to think of it, jung wooyoung and him may bicker most of the time but their argument wouldn't come this far. heck, san just teases the boy but never to an extent.

"what'cha thinkin' about, hyung?"

jongho snapped his finger in front of the raven-haired jock. san didn't flinch but it indeed caught his attention. he arched an eyebrow, he was about to speak when suddenly the tallest interrupted him and made a wild guess.

"i bet i know what's on your mind. it must be that cheerleader, jung wooyoung. i told yunho to invite him, kang yeosang, and the rest of our pep squad." mingi says casually, taking a bite of his lunch food.

jongho got the idea, "shit man, i saw that video on twitter that you got burned as hell. that wooyoung's got a dragon's mouth."

"pfft! he's not just spitting fire, but also facts." mingi mumbled under his breath, chuckling after and thinking that san wouldn't hear it but obviously he did.

"go fuck yourself." san's voice went an octave lower, furrowing his eyebrows and eyes that screamed death as if he's going to pound someone. a sign that everyone in the table immediately averts their gaze away from him. even if they are his friends, they knew their limitations, well except for mingi who would constantly joke a bit too far sometimes.