Chapter Twenty Six- Riding On

Violet and Evan flew across the Paldea Region once again. It was times like this that Violet was extremely thankful for the Flying Taxi Service being provided to everyone in Paldea.

The sun had dipped below the horizon at this point, and Violet could hardly believe how much she had done in a day. Her journey was only around a week and a half in, but the girl knew that her pace could still be halted at any point.

There were two gyms remaining, but Grusha's Gym was incredibly difficult to schedule a battle at. The Gym Leader was rather apathetic to the ticking clock that challenges were under, and would often vanish for long periods. A loss to him could end her run immediately, and he was the most difficult Gym Leader by far.

That was assuming Violet could beat Tulip. She desperately hoped that her training with Evan tomorrow would get her Pokémon into shape. Another rule added now that Violet was this far along, was that she would only get one rematch against the remaining Gym Leaders if she were to lose.

This was the breaking point, though Violet could hardly afford to lose at all. The girl gripped her knees in her hands and decided to take her mind off of the situation by staring out at the region below her.

They were flying close to the southern mountains, and Violet could see the waterfall getting closer as the taxi flew through the air. Evan had passed out while in the car, so Violet wasn't able to distract herself by chatting with him.

Eventually, they arrived at Alfornada. It was dark, and Violet wasn't particularly interested in looking around the city. She awoke her friend and slid out of the taxi. They roamed over to the nearest hotel and Violet went inside, she said goodnight to Evan as the two quickly got their rooms and then stumbled over to the doors.

Violet barely managed to drop her bag before staggering onto the bed and falling asleep.

The next day rolled around and Violet awoke to find she had slept in later than she usually did. The girl felt a bit groggy, but also incredibly well-rested after such a stressful day. "I'm never doing that much in one day again," The girl promised herself.

Violet checked her phone to see messages from her parents. The messages were full of anger and insisting that she come back home immediately and tell them what had happened.

The girl also had been receiving even more attention online, with her fanbase having grown and become even more dedicated after her battle against Ryme. Some of them were speculating about Violet's chances in the Pokémon League.

The girl clicked on one post about her and saw that it mentioned Aya. People were discussing whether or not Violet and Aya knew each other, and speculating on whether or not the trainers would battle. On top of that, a few comments were even saying that Violet and Aya would make a good couple.

The girl felt a bit disgusted and closed her phone. She wanted to say something, but what if it got back to Aya? Violet's feelings for the girl were incredibly complicated after what had happened. It was as if all her worst suspicions about Aya had been confirmed. The girl had even used one of her strongest Pokémon from last year's Treasure Hunt to beat Violet.

Then, after winning, she relished in her victory.  The girl insulted Violet and gloated about how much stronger she was. At the same time, Violet didn't want to believe that she had witnessed Aya's true nature.

It felt as though the time she had spent with Aya in between her fourth and fifth badges was the authentic girl that Violet had fallen for.

Violet's heart felt heavy thinking about it. There was so much that had happened yesterday, but the girl needed to prepare to continue her journey. Violet got herself ready and texted Evan to meet her outside, and the girl left her room.