jordan

"My name is most definitely not Connor," I said, slightly offended. "it's Jordan, Jordan Craven."

I watched as Dexter's expression showed a hint of shock before he seemed to regain his composure almost immediately.

"Hey you good?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"Yeah i'm fine." He said, with a very obvious fake chuckle. "Cool name by the way, but still definitely could be a dog name. "He added. I saw his hand scratch at a small pimple on his jaw, that was the second time he had done that during this conversation. I could tell something wasn't right, but I decided to drop it and not think on it too much.

"Thanks Dex," I smiled, "but Jordan isn't a dog name, Dexter is."

"No problem, and I disagree." He said, a small grin appearing on his face now, a genuine grin this
time.

"How about we agree to disagree then." I said, offering him my ultimatum.

He jokingly made an annoyed face, and then said,
"Ugh I guess." Then stretched out his arms and let out a long yawn, apologizing immediately after.

"Say sorry one more time and I swear to god." I joked, a grin now on my face. "Are you tired?" I asked, I paused for a moment, thinking of what to say next. "We can sleep if you want, I wouldn't wanna keep you up." I finally added, being genuine.

"Yeah," He said, yawning once more, "Only if you're okay with it. Plus I still gotta pee and shower." He stated as he gestured towards the door behind him.

I nodded and told him it was completely okay with me, and that I would leave the door unlocked for when he comes back from the bathroom.

He thanked me and moved his luggage behind his bed. I pulled my covers up over top of me, and watched silently as Dexter took some black shorts and a baggy white shirt out of his luggage and cradled them in his arms. He then grabbed a small gray container with a red top, I assumed it was some sort of skincare or haircare product.

I was still looking at Dexter when he turned around and noticed me staring at him.

"What." He said, confusion creeping up onto his face.

"Nothing I was just thinking." I answered, only half lying.

I turned around to face the wall and heard the door open and shut. I had been dozing in and out of sleep for around 15 minutes until I heard the door open again.

I turned to see Dexter now with now wet hair, wearing the shorts and shirt he pulled out from his luggage and holding a towel. He greeted me smiling, before grabbing a white beanie from his bag, and placing it snug on his head.

"Goodnight." Was the last thing he said to me before getting under his own covers, and going to sleep.

***

                                         Dexter

I woke up to a bright light being shone directly into my eye. I covered my face with my hands and waited until my eyes had adjusted to the light in the room. I turned to the window to see that there was a small crack in the blinds causing light to leak directly into where my eye was.

I stretched out my arms, letting out a yawn, before I realized I wasn't alone. I snapped my head to the left, looking at Jordan, who was still fast asleep on his bed.

I'm gonna have to get used to this whole roommate thing.

I heard a buzz cry out from my phone, I turned and grabbed it off my nightstand. The numbers 8:27 glowing in white at the top of my screen, with a text from Imani, popping up at the bottom.