Numero uno

"Al! You ready to partay?! Schools out for the summa! Whoop whoop!" Alaya's best friend, Steph said. Alaya was going to make this one summer to remember, especially because it was the last summer before high school. She had already booked the first two weeks of her vacay, and the rest was yet to come. She hopped on the bus for the last time in three months. Kids were screaming, chewing gum, and throwing their schoolwork around the bus. Alaya was sure as heck not going to miss this.

Alaya got off the bus at her stop, and went into her parents new house, which was of course spick and span. Her parents were neat-freaks. Her mom, Jen, was a housewife, while her dad, Jim, was the CEO of a huge phone corporation.

"Alaya, dearie, I have some news for you!" Jen started, "you are going to have the summer of your life!"

"I already--" Alaya said, annoyed.

"I have signed you up for our local YMCA camp! You get team building, language learning, canoeing, archery, and more. You are going to love it!"

Alaya pinched herself. This was a nightmare. She couldn't have been serious. Alaya was a girl, not some mid-western tomboy. (Lol I'm Midwestern so I can say that) She was sure as heck not going to that camp, with a bunch of nobodies.

"When do I leave?"

"Tomorrow. Pack only the necessities. No phone, IMer, computer, iWatch, earpiece, DS, iPod, iPad, or any other electronics that you might have."

"Omg, OMG, ugh." Alaya rolled her eyes. She stomped up the grand marble staircase into her room and started packing. The next two weeks were going to be hell.