Author's Note

Before you indulge in the world of Celacali, it's important to understand that Shadows of the Night isn't for the faint of heart and shouldn't be read without warnings or the understanding that this is a dark romance. I don't condone the behaviour depicted on these pages, I just find writing from the darkness ... enthralling.

Shadows of the Night contains: Alcohol and drug usage, assault, attempted rape, bestial violence, blood, death, divorce, emotional and physical abuse, fire, gore, gun violence, hallucinations, flashbacks, hostage and kidnapping situations, murder, profanity, PTSD, religious metaphors, sexism, sexual harassment, sexually explicit scenes, torture, violence, polyamory, BDSM, stalking, voyeurism, corruption, age gaps, exhibitionism, degradation, character deaths, threesome, knives, consensual and non-consensual biting, dubious consent.

Now, if you've read all those warnings and have still decided to continue reading, welcome to the malignant city of Celacali. And if you're family or friends reading this (even after the warnings), I warned you, and I'm not going to apologise-I won't hide because I'm afraid. I stand to lose nothing by sharing the darkness I created, gaining more than I thought I ever could. So, if you can handle the unorthodox and controversial topics within, then ... Initiation's over ... Time to join the club.

- Charlize K. Kelly