chapter un

the coffee shop was just a few feet away from her reach. brontelle urged for her first cup of the day even though there would be multiple cups afterwards. the coffee shop was a small little place between a chinese laundromat and a run down movie store, it was called petite étoile(little star in french).

from the outside you would never take a second look, but once you walk in and the beautiful aroma of fresh brewed coffee fills your nostrils, you can never get enough. on the inside the walls are a charcoal gray with white canvases with black ink art covered the wall. then from the top of the wall hung white christmas lights all around. the tables are black along with the scattered sofas and lounge chairs.

the counter that separated the customers from the workers was black with white marble and the glass case showing the pastries also had fairy lights hanging from it. the house lights were low and the music was peaceful. the coffee shop even had two bookshelves that reached the ceiling, it was beautiful there.

everyday I walked to this shop and everyday I see one man that catches my eye every time. he has brown hair and hazel-brown eyes, his body structure is tall and lanky but still fit in a sense. on his shoulder there is always a messenger bag and on his feet are mixed, matched socks and converse which surprisingly go with his professional attire. this man is beautiful.

usually I sit on my regular spot on the sofa near a book shelf with an cup of black coffee with a half cup of milk and a few small spoons of sugar. then I read a book till I have to go to work or have something to do.

for a job I work with the BAU and my job there is to file and store cases and go over case reports. right now I'm trying to fill the job as communications director and media liaison office. but it's the best job I could have ever asked for.

and the second best part of working with the BAU is seeing the man from the coffee shop. it surprises me that a guy i've had a crush on for two years goes to the same coffee shop as I do and works at the same workplace and we have never introduced ourselves. he is still the nameless beauty.

today was different. the section chief mateo cruz had asked her to come in early. I sigh as I grab my coffee cup and my copy of "the book thief" and began for the door.

"shit!" i exclaim as I bump into someone, spilling my coffee on my white blouse and on the cover of the book. "I'm so sorry!" a voice says in a surprised and sorry tone. looking up I see him, the brown eyed beauty who I have spent 2 years crushing on. "I- um" I stuttered mad my cheeks began heating up "it's fine, I should have watched where I was going."

he pulls lips inward and nods awkwardly which I've seen him do multiple times "again I'm so sorry, can I um, buy you another cup of coffee?" nodding I follow him into the line. as we stood in line I grabbed napkins and began dabbing at the coffee stain on my blouse. after a few brief moments of dabbing and angry scrubbing I let out a sigh. "here" he says, unwrapping his scarf from his neck "this m-may cover the stain."

my face seemed to get hotter at the gesture "I really appreciate it mr?-" I stop my sentence wanting to thank him appropriately once I take the scarf from his out reached hand and wrap it around my own neck "oh I'm doctor spencer reid. you can just call me spencer, or whatever you p-prefer." he says with a outstretched hand for me to shake.

I mentally giggle at his stutter, but I take his hand "I'm brontelle harps." we then walk up to the counter. he quickly orders his coffee, which was a regular cup besides the irregular amount of sugar. "and you?" the cashier asks politely "a cup of black coffee with half a cup of whole milk, and a spoonful of sugar."

we sit down at a table with two seats and waited for our coffee. "so brontelle, what do you do for a living?" he asks, tapping his fingers on the table top. "I file and store case files and go over the case report at the BAU." I say fiddling with my bracelet on my left wrist.

spencer's eyebrows furrow "you work with the BAU? how come I've never seen you before?" he asks. "I usually come in at nine or later in the day and I'm on the lower levels. but I'm trying to fill the job as communications director and media liaison office." I say.

spencer nods in understanding "but besides myself, tell me about you. what's it like to be an all-star profiler?" before he has a chance to answer his name is called by the cashier to pick up our coffee "I'll grab it." we both say in unison, I laugh and say "don't worry I'll get it." he nods and again pulls his lips inward. once I grabbed our coffee's, I set only his on the table "I have to go cruz wants me in early. I'll see you around, doctor reid." I gave him a smile "also I appreciate the coffee, I could survive off of just this."

once I got to the BAU I went straight to cruz's office. "good news, brontelle." he says with a grin, cocking my eyebrow "what is it?" I ask getting a bit excited. "your being promoted to the job as communications director and media liaison office. you start tomorrow since you have already taken all of the classes and training." I bit down on my lip to keep in a excited squeal "you have the rest of today to get everything out of your office and relax, I suggest a long rest for this job. then report in SSA aaron hotchner."

I compose a professional face "thank you, sir. I really appreciate it and I will do my absolute best."

a/n: sorry this wasn't very good, hopefully it gets better! comments are very much appreciated!!!💖