CHAPTER 2

| JIWOO |

3.00 a.m.

I slowly open my eyes as i lay on the cold floor of my room, my head hurts like hell and my body is numb from all the beating. I'm trying so hard to get up and thankfully, i manage to get myself on the bed.

"Shit i must've fainted, how long did i pass out?" i mumbled to myself.

As i'm trying to pull myself together, i slowly remembered what had happened.

Right. I'm getting out of here today.

I looked into the mirror, not recognizing what it had reflected. Dark purple bruises covers my body and face, a few cuts were visible too and i could see some dried blood near my lips.

I grabbed my first aid kit, i've had it ever since my dad started beating me up. I'm always the one who cleaned up after his mess.

After i took care all the wounds, i grabbed my makeup bag and i pulled out my foundation and concealer to hide the bruises.

I put on a comfortable black outfit, tied my hair into a low bun and put my black cap on then i checked everything to make sure i had everything i needed with me.

I tiptoed through the hallway, trying to not make a sound as i move carefully but also fast. When i got downstairs i saw dad in the living room passed out on the sofa. Thank god.

"I'm sorry dad... but i can't take this anymore, it's getting unbearable" I mumbled to myself, i know what he did was completely wrong and inhumane but he's still my dad. I'll always believe deep inside he's still loves me even though he hated me because of mom's death. After all, i had his blood and flesh in me, i'm his daughter.

As i stared at my dad i didn't see where i was walking and i bumped into a small table that has my dad and my mom's wedding photo on it, it fell off and shattered into pieces. And it woke my dad up.

"Ugh... What the fuck was that?" Dad mumbling. Shit.

I froze in place as both me and my dad made eye contact.

"What are you doing you bitch! And why are you carrying a backpack? Where the fuck do you think you're going?!" Dad screamed and he saw that i had knocked over his and mom's photo. His expression were unrecognizable.

"What the fuck did you do.... WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?" I could see pure anger in his eyes as he walk towards me and choke me.

"You fucking took her life and now you're ruining the only memory of my life where i'm genuinely fucking happy? I'm gonna kill you!" He said as i watched his eyes turned black.

"L-let me g-go you p-pyscho" I said as i'm struggling to breathe.

"Shut up, i should've killed you sooner!" I could tell he's getting angrier and angrier.

I'm slowly losing my air, i could pass out in any moment now. Then suddenly, i thought of a way to get out of his grip. I kicked his leg making him fall and i could feel his hands loosen around my neck. I took that opportunity to make a run for it. Then i heard, "RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN BUT I'LL FIND YOU AND I MAKE SURE I'LL KILL YOU!" He screamed.

I ran and i ran without any direction, i don't even know where i'm going or where am i gonna live. But anywhere's better than with my dad.

After walking for what felt like 5 hours in the dark and in this hour, i'm starting to get scared and i went to the only place that i could think of, the barbecue place where i work part time. Yes, i do work at some places to save some money because i knew days like this would come and i also pay my own tuition, it wasn't hard for me because i also got a scholarship. Dad doesn't know about this, he doesn't even know i'm in uni. Guess he's too busy getting shitfaced to even notice.