i

Katherine's POV

"Oh, shit," a deep voice said when my body hit his. My books fell.

"I-I'm sorry," I looked up at him. It was Justin Bieber; the rich, popular boy who always went to parties and managed to get a perfect everything. He's on the high school soccer team and has girls falling left and right for him.

"Quite alright, sweetheart. Be careful next time, Kay," he chuckled and picked up my books.

Kay? He hasn't called me that in years. Oh right, did I forget to mention that we used to be best friends? Our moms were high school best friends so we were basically raised together.

"Hey, I'll see you at that barbecue tonight," he beamed. "I miss talking to you."

"Me too," I mumbled. The regular sentence. He says it to anyone you can think of just to get in their pants.

"See you," he smiled one more time before going off to his locker.

"Katherine Blanchard," Allison, the head cheerleader, walked up to me.

"Yes?" I asked, a clear smirk on my face.

"Don't go talking to my--"

"-Ex-Boyfriend," I remind. She huffs.

"You just wait," she walked past me.

"Oh, I will be," I laughed. Isabelle came walking up to me as I put my books in my locker.

"Barbecue tonight?" She asked.

"Yep," I nod. "At his house."

"I heard he only invited a few people," she grinned.

"Yeah," I closed my locker and glance over at Justin. "Only because our parents will be mingling once again."

"He's so hot!" She gushed while staring at him. He looked over and she blushed.

"Oh, god," I rolled my eyes and began walking to my jeep.

"Tell me you don't think he's hot," she glared at me.

"I don't think he's hot," I shrugged.

"He's the hottest boy in Ridgefield. Are you kidding? Plus, he obviously digs you."

"Is, he digs everyone. Probably digs you, too."

"Definitely getting with him tonight," she smirked.

"I hope you have fun with that," I told her.

"Mad?" She asked.

I laughed, "I said have fun, that's all."

"You seem defensive," she shrugged. "Would you rather?"

"Definitely not," I chuckled. "Listen, I have a shift for about three hours. I'll meet up with you after. Sound good?"

"Sure," she smiled. "I'll make sure you get dolled up," she smirked. I rolled my eyes. I started up my Jeep and pulled out of the school's parking lot down the long road to my house.

Many of the families in Ridgefield are well-off. They have nice houses and things. This is all normal. Of course, there's the people with average salary. My family, on the other hand, is in great position of this pyramid. We're very wealthy. I hate talking about it and I barely have anyone come over due to this.

"Hey, honey," mom smiled at me while walking down the tall stairs just as I walked in.

"Hi, mom. I have work later tonight. I'll be at the thing after."