vi

Katherine's POV

I stumbled out of the bathroom and found myself randomly laughing at how funky I felt.

"Where's Justin?" I slurred at some guy. He chuckled and then shrugged. "No help," I murmured and pushed myself through the people inside of the living room. "Juuuuustin!" I called out. People were staring at me and I couldn't quite care enough.

"Whoa, whoa," someone grabbed my hips. I jumped and started to giggle. Once I turned, I saw it was Steven.

"Hi!" I beamed. "How's the party for you? I'm having a blast!"

"It's alright," he replied. "So you're looking for Bieber?" I answered with a nod.

"He is, um... I don't know where he is."

"Oh, okay. Thanks," I sighed and began to walk away.

"Hey, wait," Steven tugged at my shoulder. I looked at him. "Wanna go take shots?"

"I don't know..." I retrieved my phone from my pocket. To be honest, I was getting pretty anxious because I was alone at this party. Again. "No." I finally said this after thinking about the last time I was at one of these.

"Suit yourself," he shrugged. I started to walk around some more. I tripped over a couple of things on my way, but other than that I was fine. So many people were staring at me as I was calling Justin's name. I quickly stepped outside.

"Katherine," an all too familiar voice came from behind me. I stiffened.

"J-Jake," I stuttered and backed away a little bit. He stepped closer. "Don't come near me."

Ignoring my comment he said, "Haven't seen you here in awhile. Bieber have you on lockdown?"

"Shut up," I spat. "You know what happened." He chuckled.

"Or what didn't happen." His eyes were glued to mine.

"Just leave me alone, okay? You've caused enough damage." I turned to go back inside and look for Justin some more. I felt so disoriented. I kept swaying and stumbling.

"No way I'm letting you get away that easily," he tugged at my arm. I scolded him.

"Get your hand off of me," I hissed. He threw his hands up and backed away.

"Just wanted to talk, Katherine. Seems like you don't know how to listen."

"I don't know how to listen?" I scoffed. "Really. Huh," I laughed and started to walk away.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He called. I stopped and turned. He was about fifteen yards away. "I was stupid. I just... That's all I wanted to say." He had walked over to me. Now he was a foot away from me. My heart was pounding.

"Sorry doesn't make it better, Jake." I clenched my jaw and looked away.

"You know what, bitch? I came to talk to you to apologize, and this is what you do?" He shook his head. His eyes got dark.

"I can't just forgive you! You fucked me up!" I hollered. His eyebrows were furrowed as he was staring at me. Without wasting another second, his hand came in contact with my face. I gasped and held my palms to my cheek. My eyes got tears in them, but I forced it all back.

"Wow, you have finally shut your mouth!" He said hysterically.

"Aye!" A manly voice came from the lawn. I shifted my gaze over to see Josh. "What the fuck do you think you're doing here, Jake?" Josh hopped up the steps.

"Teaching sluts a lesson to keep their mouths shut," Jake replied bluntly.

"You're not invited here anymore," Josh glared. "Leave." Jake just stood there. "Did I stutter?" He seethed through his teeth. Again, Jake did nothing. Josh didn't hesitate to push him down the steps. Another gasp escaped my lips as I was watching an all out brawl in front of me. Punches and shoves were being thrown left and right. All of the people from inside came out to see what was happening.