ii

Katherine's POV

"Bye, guys!" Pattie was about to shut the front door. "Have fun!"

"Hey, are you ready?" Justin asked. I looked at what I was wearing.

"Maybe I should change into something else. I mean, my house is only like down the street," I sighed. "I don't feel--"

"We'll just get you something at a store. All the good stores don't close until ten. Besides, the fun doesn't start until midnight."

"Fine," I sighed and walked towards Jeremy and Pattie. "We're off too."

"Where are you headed?" Jeremy asked.

"We're going to drive around for awhile and maybe hang out somewhere or get food," he shrugged. I nodded.

"Okay. Be back whenever. I trust you two. Mostly Katharine," Pattie winked and chuckled. I laughed and looked at Justin.

"Yeah, yeah," Justin rolled his eyes. "See you later." We both hugged both of them. My parents had already left to get some extra alcohol for their adult hang out.

"Bye guys," we slipped out and to Justin's Range Rover.

"Out of both of our cars, I think I would enjoy yours better," Justin commented. I grinned.

"I know. Jeeps do it better," I climbed in his car and shut my door. He did the same.

"I should get myself one."

"You can't just go and buy yourself a car," I furrowed my eyebrows together. He laughed.

"Silly. Of course not. I would sell this."

"But it was your first car."

"Exactly. I'm a junior now."

"You're old. As am I. Young memories should definitely last."

"Some memories aren't the best and I don't look forward to remembering them." I shifted in my seat uncomfortably. "Let me talk to you."

"Justin, can we please go?" I sighed. He started the car and pulled out of the driveway.

"Look, I'm sorry. I was just in a bad state."

"A bad state? That stuff doesn't happen when you're in a bad state."

"Yes," he glanced at me. "It does. Trust me, I had to deal with the aftermath of it all, and you didn't. Lucky you."

"I know. That's because it wasn't my fault. You just..."

"I what?" He argued.

"You scared me, okay? First you were all fine and dandy, then you totally went haywire." I played with my hands and looked at him. "Look, I understand now about this bipolar disorder stuff. I'm sorry that I left you when you needed me. You just really hurt me when you weren't there for me after that party. That's why I freaked."

"I shouldn't have done all of that. I'm the sorry one here. How about we talk it over tomorrow?" He suggested.

I nodded, "Good. I didn't want to continue right now. I accept your apology."