...Who are you?

(Wheezy's Pov)

Nope. I'm tired. I'm tired of just sitting aside WAITING for something to happen. If we don't do something, Chips might NEVER wake up! So, I left the cowboy's room and stomped down the hallway to the boss's office, banging on the door. Soon enough he answered, looking at me confused.

"Mr.Wheezy, what are you doing here?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Im here for Chips." I stated, crossing my arms. "Im tired of watching him lay almost lifeless in his bed everyday! We gotta do something!"

"Wheezy..." The Devil sighed and put his hand on my shoulder, giving me a pitying look. "We can't just heal him with magic. It could have unforeseen side effects. If we just wait-"

"WEVE BEEN WAITING FOR TWO MONTHS!" I yelled, seeing the Devil flinch from the sudden outburst. "IM TIRED OF WAITING! IF WE WAIT TOO LONG, WE MIGHT JUST LOOSE HIM! AND I REFUSE TO LOSE HIM, UNDERSTAND?!"

He was quiet, and I saw my other co-workers poke their heads into the hallway. Devil just stared at me, before he let out a sigh. "I'll do it. I know its a struggle seeing him on the brink of death. But just know, I warned you..." he said ominously, before starting his way to the cowboy's room. 

I trailed behind him as we walked into the room. It had all kinds of western decor in it, much to match the occupant of the room. Said occupant was laid in his bed, with a few different machines hooked up to him. Chips was much paler than he was supposed to be, and I haven't seen his usual smile in so long. Just smiles in pictures.

The Devil walked to the side of the bed and took one of the cowboy's hands, holding it firmly as he took out some sort of spell book. "I suggest you duck." I barely had time to react when a bright light filled the room, so I dove under the desk. I shut my eyes tight, staying put for a couple minutes, before I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Well, come see if it worked."

I stepped out from under the desk and looked over at the bed. I saw Chips groan and sit up, his eyes fluttering a bit as he did so. He looked around the room, looking confused and lost. I walked up to the side of his bed, feeling a smile form on my face for the first time in a while.

"Chips!" I called, leaning over the bed and hugging him. "I was so worried, I thought you would never wake up! Never scare me like that again, ya stupid cowboy!"

Chips seemed to tense up when I hugged him. Thats... weird. He usually is jumping for joy whenever I give him the slightest bit of affection.

"Chips?" I questioned letting go of him and standing awkwardly at the side of his bed. He stared at me blankly. "Are you feeling alright?"

"...Who are you?" The cowboy asked, looking up at me confused. "Where am I..?"

"What're you talking about?" I shook my head and sat on the side of his bed, looking him over with concern. "I'm Wheezy, your friend and co-worker. You're in your room in the casino."

"I... don't know you..." He muttered, pulling his knees up to his chest and hugging them. "Why am I here? What's going on?"

"Chips-" I started, going to reach for his hand. But he flinched and moved away from me. I retracted my hand and looked back at the boss, who was giving me a pitying look. "Why can't he remember..?"

He sighed and walked over, standing in front of both of us. "During Chip's battle against the cups, Mugman used one of his supers. It ended up hitting him in the head as you know and knocked him out. It also gave him some brain damage. Which is why it took so long for him to wake up. Of course, there was a chance he would never wake up. Especially with the damage done. But since I woke him up early, he wasn't given ample time to heal. So... I think he might have lost his memory." 

As he said the last line my heart dropped. I looked back at the cowboy, who was looking back at me with a look of confusion still. He doesn't remember me..? This can't be real. No, no, no, no! I couldn't have caused this, right? But... I had the boss wake him up... oh shit, this is all my fucking fault!

But as I felt tears start falling down my face i felt something else. I turned around and saw Chips holding his hand on my shoulder, giving a comforting smile.

"Hey, I may not know who either of us are, but I know I don't want you crying." He said, moving so he was sat next to me. He cautiously leaned into my side, relaxing and smiling contently. "Maybe you could tell me a bit about myself..?"

I sighed and tried my best to smile back, wrapping one of my arms around him. "I'll try my best, Chippy. I promise."