Chapter #43

Naman visits the Dobriyal House but Ishika tells him that Vineet and Anamika aren’t home. He stays for a while and they have their coffee together. They fall into a banter but Naman’s words leave Ishika thoughtful. He leaves the house after assuring her that he will be on time the next day.

Ishika closes the door and is thinking about Naman

Ishika closes the door and is thinking about Naman. His words leave her astonished. Yep, they do share a bond – a bond of banters and teasing. They never talk nicely to each other, and always get into a banter or argument. Amidst this, he mentions that their bond will flourish once they spend time together. So, is there anything between them? Well, there’s no friendship either. So will it flourish? Ishika sighs and falls asleep with such thoughts.

*****
Vineet and Anamika are driving to Rainbow restaurant which is their go-to favourite place. They’re done with their shopping and are now headed for lunch. They drive in silence and as they reach the restaurant, Vineet asks Anamika to secure a table while he parks the car. She agrees and hurries to find a corner table. She also checks on Ishika who’s alone and finds a message from the girl that she’s fine.

In the meantime, Vineet joins her and takes his seat opposite her. She looks content and it is enough reason to be happy for him. He places the order of starters and a soft drink. He finds that Anamika is thoughtful. He clears his throat to gain her attention. She smiles at him.

“Kya hua? Kahan kho gayi? Ishika must be fine.” Vineet says.

“Wo thik hain

“Wo thik hain. Mujhe mila uska message.” Anamika smiles.

“I am telling you, she’s getting naughty. Mujhse toh thik se baat hi nahi karti. Mujhe toh weird se stickers bhejti rehti hain. Huh!” He makes a face.