Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter 3

The Logan Snafu

Where did all my matching bras and underwear go? Why couldn't I find anything in my closet? Crouched in front of my drawers, I cursed under my breath. Urgh. At one point, my closet had been well-organized to maximize space– clothing on hangers, shoes on a rack, cute crates holding a smorgasbord of cleaning products, extras, and towels. But did I keep up with that system? Nope.

My jaw ached from clenching my teeth. Packing was infuriating business. I straightened and bonked my head on an open drawer. Pain radiated through my skull. "Frick me!" I slammed the drawer shut.

"You good?" Ty called from his spot, sprawled out on my little twin bed.

My lips pressed together in a white slash. I came out of the closet to clothes strewn all over my dorm room, rubbing the back of my head.

Ty looked up from playing sudoku on his phone, brow wrinkled.

I breathed through my nose, ignoring my irritated, quickening pulse. "I thought I had a system of organized chaos, but my closet's just pure chaos. I know we're just gonna be at Will's cottage for a week, but I need to pack for every eventuality. What did he say we're doing again?"

"He didn't say. Probably skiing if there's enough snow. Drinking. And that's about it." Ty smirked, eyes glimmering. "And he has a hot tub."

Ty plus a hot tub? Yes, please. My cheeks heated, thoughts wandering to enjoyable places. I shook my head. Focus on packing, Nat.

"Okay, so layers to bundle up and a swimsuit. Got it." I nodded and winced. Moving my head was no bueno. I'd 100% have an ugly egg-sized bump on my head. Love that for me.

Time to get packing over with so I could watch Marvel movies with Ty. My muscles tightened in readiness. Pushing my shoulders back, I went back into my closet and rummaged around.

Yesterday, Ty and I went for Beavertails with Theo and Marie, who were more than happy to leave the party. Ty just texted Marie to come down, so we didn't even have to step into the house. Theo was his usual abrasive self, and Marie was quiet, but she talked more to Ty. I shared a yummy Killaloe Sunrise Beavertail with Ty. Fried dough with cinnamon sugar sprinkles and a squeeze of lemon– yum.

We dropped Theo and Marie back home and drove back to Summit. I told him about Raveena's rude comments and Alec's Summit Signature antics. At least I wouldn't see Raveena for a week, and Professor Davis hadn't told me about any more work to do for my internship. Over reading week, I could focus on hanging out with my friends and catching up on my business and schoolwork.

I grabbed two sweaters I couldn't decide between and my backpack from my closet. The friendship bracelet tied to my backpack zipper caught my attention. The friendship bracelet Logan made me.

My mouth slackened. Oh, crap apples, yesterday I forgot to tell Ty about Logan. Plus, filling him in on everything else took up the entire car ride. I wracked my brain for anything else I had forgotten. Nope. That was pretty much everything. The idea of not telling Ty about this didn't even cross my mind. But that didn't make me any less nervous. A wave of cold hit me.

I burst out of the closet. "I have another thing to tell you."

"Yeah?" Ty set down his phone and tilted his head to the side.

My stomach churned as I stood there, one arm clasping the other at the elbow. Just say it, Nat. Five words. Get it out of your mouth.

A breeze ruffled papers on my desk.

I rapidly blinked at him. "I'm nervous," I blurted out and perched on the edge of the bed. "I'm nervous to tell you." My muscles went all twitchy and quivery as I wrung my hands, palms sweaty.