Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 5

Mi Casa Es Su Casa

Holy shiitake mushrooms. I leaned forward between the driver and passenger seat to get a better view. My mouth fell open. Literally. I may or may not have let out an undignified squeal.

This cottage was huge. We pulled up a long-ass driveway to a "cottage" that was bigger than any house I'd ever seen. I gave a slow, disbelieving shake of my head. I looked at Ty, then back at the cottage and back to Ty, speechless.

The cottage was surrounded by tall trees and manicured hedges and shrubs. Off to the side was comfortable outdoor lounging furniture with a mixture of Muskoka chairs, throw pillows, and little side tables. And that was just out front. I wonder what was in the backyard? Maybe a waterfall? A gazebo? Who knows?

I didn't even know words to describe the cottage; architecture wasn't my thing. But it wasn't a modern glass monstrosity or anything like that– the building fit the cottage vibe. The cottage was made of wood and was just massive, with patios and balconies and an expensive-looking entryway.

Will turned off the car and climbed out.

I sat back, my seat creaking. My gaze stayed on the cottage, eyes blinking slowly. This was a prank or something, one of them was gonna turn around and say 'gotcha,' right?

My brain finally started working again and making words. I leaned towards Ty, who was stretching and cracking his knuckles. "Is this the right place? Did we get the address mixed up?" I whispered.

"Yes. And nope," Ty answered my two questions. Yes, this is the right place, and no, we didn't get the address mixed up. Huh. His brow furrowed. "Why are you whispering?"

"Because this place is whisper-worthy," I whispered again.

"Okay," Ty drew out the word, still clearly confused but going with it. He waved a hand at the cottage. "This is Will's place. We've been coming here for years, ever since his family got it." He shrugged his broad shoulders like it wasn't a big deal. I guess if he'd been coming here for like ever, it didn't seem like a big deal.

"Layla?" I said, expecting her to have a similar reaction.

"What?" She twisted to look back at me.

"This place is unreal, no?" I prompted her. My brows went up, questioning. C'mon, she had to agree with me.

"Yeah, I guess. But I came here in the summer with Beckett before school started, so the novelty isn't there anymore for me. Especially since I spent a morning cleaning puke out of the carpet."

So everyone already knew about the place except me. Cool, cool, cool. Act cool going into the for sure multi-million-dollar "cottage," Nat.

Understanding dawned in Ty's eyes. "Don't worry, Will's family is chill. They're not gonna be here this week anyways. Just have fun."

"Cool." I nodded, bobbing my head. "Yup. I can do that." Just have fun and not think about how Will's family must be freaking loaded. Easier said than done, Ty.

"I'll grab the bags and meet you guys inside," Ty said, climbing out of the car.

"Thanks!" I called over my shoulder before unbuckling and following Layla towards the cottage. The air was fresh and crisp and smelled like the frickin outdoors. It was a mixture of that cut grass smell, flowers, leather, and firewood smoke.

I ran to catch up with Layla, lush grass underfoot. "So earlier, we didn't really have time to talk about how you're doing, you know, about Emily not being here and all that...."

"It's fine." Layla crossed her arms. "I'm fine." She chewed her bottom lip, brow tight.

She sure didn't look fine. I prodded a little. "You sure?"

icon lock

Show your support for Nikki Pierce, and continue reading this story

by Nikki Pierce
@NikkiPierceBooks
Natasha Chabra finally got her freshman year at college back on track...
Buy a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 25 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @NikkiPierceBooks.