Chapter 4

Authors Note: Considering Asigiri has basically killed off half of the cast just your reminder this is a AU! It's not gonna have all the deaths starting after Season 3. All the deaths before then will line up though. Okay??? Okay. Enjoy:D
It was around lunchtime but I wasn't hungry. I had started to try on the clothes I had gotten. I felt content. Everything felt like I was at peace with myself again.... Or I suppose not quite. Something still felt off... I couldn't tell why. Maybe because Itchika was with dad? I'm not sure... or I wasn't. Hours passed and dad wasn't home. Despite usually getting off at 3 on the weekends. It was currently 4:48pm. And we are extremely close to the agency.

Then again dad needed to go to the store. Yet no matter what I reassured myself with I still felt extremely uneasy. I needed to get out of my thoughts but there's nothing to do to quit overthinking.

About an hour later Yui bursted in my room not bothering to knock causing me to jump. I didn't get a chance to figure out what's going on before Yui grabbed my hand and started dragging us to the car. "Yui! What's going on?!" I examined. However she remained quiet. The quiet felt like it was strangling me. "Yui! What's Wrong?!" "Itchika's in the hospital..." I didn't know what to say. It was terrifying. Everything felt wrong. Me saying nothing felt wrong but the idea of me saying something felt worse. We both remained quiet till we got to the hospital. We walked in and I saw dad sitting in the waiting room.

He was shook up. His eyes were wide open, he was hugging himself as if no one else would. He honestly looked like he was going to cry. Which knowing dad meant Itchika was in bad condition. We slowly walked up to him "Is she okay?" Yui questioned. Yet her question went unanswered for a brief minute. It didn't take a genius to realize dad was worrying
"I was right there.... Someone tried raiding the agency- I told her to stay under the desk- they tried shooting Dazai but she got in the way- I was right there I could have done something-"

"Dad she'll be fine. I know she will be," Yui gave a sad smile and sat next to him as dad tried composing himself. "Please go get your papa and bring him here. Please?" Yui got up and left. I took her spot next to dad. The silence was overwhelming again. "She's like you," Dad looked at me confused "All those stories you've told me about how you've risked your life to save people. Itchika did the same. She risked her life to save Dazai. She knew it was better than sitting there doing nothing. She learned from you to help people," Dad stayed quiet, I looked away, then I heard his chuckle and I looked back over to see a tear going down his cheek and a small smile on his face. "I guess that's where she got the idea to do it," I nodded. I looked back at the ground and dad put his arm around me.

"Hopefully she'll be okay," "I think she will be. If she was alive coming in she'll be alive coming out right?" Dad then sighed "I wish yosano wasn't out on a mission. She could help Itchika if she wasn't" "I know. But where is she on a mission?" Dad thought for a second then checked his notebook "She's in Nicaragua for the mission. She's not back till the 16th," I nodded "Okay,"

Later Yui came back with papa. "Is she okay?" Papa questioned and Dad pushed up his glasses "the doctor hasn't told us anything" I stood up so papa could sit down next to dad. He took the spot and laid his head on Dad's shoulder.

Maybe it was stupid but I felt hopeful. Who am I kidding? It is stupid. It's so stupid. Itchika was shot and I'm hopeful she could be okay. I suppose maybe this is the first step I need to feel complete? I wasn't there to see where she was shot. It could be her right arm. We could go into the hospital room and see her drawing on the cast with a ballpoint pen. She would would be happy to tell us how she was a hero. She would complain a bit because of her arm. But she'd reassure us that she'll power through. She'd tell us how she's gonna be a detective at the agency later. We'd all be happy knowing she was okay and
dad would be calm.

Although that's just my thoughts. I can't tell if that's what could actually happen. Though I wish that would be what happens. I smiled to myself at my thoughts. She'd be okay. I know she will be. I looked over back at my dads and sister. All of them seemed hopeful too. I think we all knew that she would be okay. They just have to take the bullet out and put the cast on. At that point seconds turned into minutes, and minutes felt like hours even though they were still just minutes. I felt like the air was starting to be thick around me. We all still remained hopeful. Even with the air feeling like I was in the ocean. But I know it was just my worrying. I'm coming out of a deep depression. It's obviously gonna be hard to stay hopeful about this right now.

I was out at sea for a while and I still can't exactly see the shore. But it'll be fine. Nobody expects me to be perfectly fine right after leaving her.... At least I think they don't do that. Honestly I know it's just normal for me to still have worry. About an hour passed before we saw a doctor come out and start looking around. We saw her keep asking people something. "Is she looking for us?" Papa inquired "Maybe" dad added as the nurse came up to us

"Are you related to Itchika Kunikida?"

"Yes we are." Papa squeezed dad's hand. I could tell they were anxious. Hell all of us were. "Is our daughter okay?"

Another Authors note: AHH IM SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!!! AND IM SORRY THE CHAPTER IS SHORT BUT DAMN I HAD WRITERS BLOCK WHEN WRITING THIS! I will almost definitely have another chapter either posted this month or next month though