Joy to my World

11:29pm Christmas Eve.

I was staying with my Aunt's condo in Sta. Mesa, Manila to celebrate the holidays with the whole clan. My family is one of the extended types. My father had 10 other siblings while my mother was the only child. As a total count, I have 23 other cousins and celebrating Christmas with them was one of the best things I always experience. We occasionally spend it in our compound back home here in Tuguegarao but the year 2012 was the first year I celebrated it in Manila. I had no idea what could possibly happen to all my friends so I always keep up to date through Facebook. And everyday until christmas eve, I receive tons of messages including one from Tom, one of my best buds.

"'Hey bro. How's it going? Hope your enjoying the holidays. Advanced Merry Christmas!' Sent: 11:34pm via Globe Telecom" I never really wanted to reply because I thought it would be a waste of energy and it was the eve of the birth of our Lord. But I received one more message that made me flinch.

"'Hey! Merry Christmas! How are you??? I miss you bro!' Sent 11:46pm via Globe Telecom" Mianne. Greeting, and saying she misses me. I didn't know what to feel and how to reply so I greeted her back with the same text message format, playing it safe. I also may have thought that it was a group message or something but it was kinda stupid. But she never replied back.

Christmas is the most important Holiday for me. It bonds the unending love of the family being shown by Jesus too and it's a day for Him and for all of us. Children kissing their parents upon opening presents, grandparents smiling, parents hugging and everyone showing some love beside the christmas tree. I can say family is forever. The love they show is one of the greatest thing.

When Christmas finally came, we had a wonderful time, I opened my presents and loaded some, tried some on, gave my gifts too and ate a lot.

I was happy. Everyone was happy. I wished that my friends were happy too. Especially Mianne.