The arrival

Today is my first year at Hogwarts! Father reminded me to not talk to any mudbloods. Ah, mudbloods! Those bloody mudbloods. I know there will be plenty of them, Father warned me. But I hope I will still have a good year. I'm really excited! I hope I will have friends, I don't want to be alone.

At breakfast, father reminded me to not talk to any mudbloods. I get it and I agree with him, but it's kind of annoying really. Being reminded of the same things over and over again gets tiring. But it upsets father when I don't do the right thing.

We finish eating and my father teleports us to the train station and we go to the platform 9 ¾. I put my suitcase with the rest of them and get on the train. There is a rumor going around that Harry Potter would come to Hogwarts. THE Harry Potter. I'm excited to meet him. I wonder how dad will react if I became friends with someone as famous as him. He is the boy who lived, the one who resisted Volde-, I mean "you-know-who".

In the compartment where I was seated I meet two boys. One of them is chubby and the tallest of us three, and the other is also chubby, but more then the other boy.

My father taught me that we, Malfoys, are better then everyone. WE are purebloods, WE are the most powerful and WE are above everyone else. It became an habit to treat everyone as if they were less important then me.

After an hour or two, we arrive at a small train station. Me, Crabbe and Goyle, the two boys I met, get off the train. A big guy with a beard tells us to follow him. He didn't look powerful. He's certainly less powerful then me. Probably a muggle, at least he doesn't look like a pureblood. Every first year follows the big haired guy to a black lake to take boats to go to the Hogwarts castle. Once we arrive to the said castle, everyone gets up long stairs. We all stop before two big brown doors which, in front of these, is standing an old lady whose name is McGonagall, a teacher. She speaks with a rusty old woman's voice:

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." I look at Crabbe and Goyle due to her mention of the Slytherin house. My family has been sorted in Slytherin for generations and, of course, my father wanted me to be sorted in Slytherin as well. "Now, while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup."

As the old teacher finishes, a chubby boy jumps at her feet, catching a toad. Disgusting. Why is there a toad there for? As he jumped he screamed "Trevor". So it's HIS toad. Ridiculous.

The old woman says one last thing before going past the big doors. "The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily."

As she was speaking, I noticed a black haired boy with round glasses standing at the front of the group of first years. Even if I am on the side of the group, I notice a scar on his forehead. Is it really? Harry Potter? This is my chance to make friends with him. I smirk as I walk towards the said boy. I speak up. "It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts" Students begin whispering as I turn a little to show Crabbe and Goyle "This is Crabbe and Goyle." I turn back to Harry Potter as I finish introducing myself and my friends "And I'm Malfoy... Draco Malfoy" A red-haired boy next to the famous boy snickers at my name. What was his problem? I just said my name. He must not know how famous my family is among the purebloods wizards. I must teach him to respect his superiors. "Think my name's funny, do you?" Now, after looking him up and own, I know that this small boy is a Weasley. Of course, I mean, how did I not notice at first sight? "No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley" He looks down at the ground and I turn to my soon-to-be friend, Harry Potter. I must warn him. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better then others, Potter. Don't want to go make friends with the wrong sort" I say, hinting at Mister Weasley who is still looking down, pathetic. I put my hand in front of Harry Potter. "I can help you there"