𝐎 𝐍 𝐄

— SONGCORD —

— SONGCORD —

"Oel ngati kameie." Jake Sully signed to the new Olo'eyktan. The new leader mirrored him, and the former Toruk Makto took that as a sign to leave, his family in tow.

Due to Atari's absence of a ikran, Lo'ak offered to let her ride with him, but the look his father sent his way had him reconsidering the offer. Instead, Jake had partnered Atari with Neteyam, his eldest, most sensible son. Although, Kiri wanted her to ride on her Ikran with her - her father had denied it, knowing they would still cause trouble. Atari wrapped her arms around Neteyam's waist, the feeling of his stomach beneath her hands had her internally kicking her legs and screaming. She had not met him officially until before they left, but before that they had exchanged greetings and farewells every-so-often. She also couldn't have thanked him enough when he saved her from the clutches of one of those demon's holding her and the rest of the Sulley children hostage. Either way, he was still very attractive, but he was older and didn't have time for some girl, she realised.

She felt her heart pound in her chest when Neteyam reached behind him, placing his hand on the side of her thigh to hold her more steady against his body, his fingers rotating around the limb for more of a grip. Kiri looked over, smirking and rolling her eyes in mock. She smiled at her brother's carefulness towards her best friend, anyhow.

Atari's head dropped against the back of Neteyam's shoulder as she inhaled deeply, her eyes closing. All that entered her nose, though, was the combination of the wind and the boy's nice smelling scent.

Two days had passed without disaster; no sky people, no sky demons, no human technology hunting them down, nothing. Atari felt relieved at that, hoping to arrive at the reef sometime soon. Jake had given nothing other than that; it was just a reef, nothing more, nothing less. Other than that, there was nothing, no chatter amongst the children as there usually would be, Neytiri was silent as ever, Jake was stone-faced, and yet the dampened mood did nothing to stop Kiri and Atari share looks, having silent conversations to entertain one another.

When the storm came rolling in, though, Neteyam almost lost his way through, being pelted by rain and fighting against strong winds. The grip he had on the girl's thigh tightened, so did her arms, when they almost crashed into a large rock. It was understandable how easily he almost lost control, especially with two consecutive days without much rest for both himself and the Ikran.

Afterwards, when the storm had passed, the deep darkness of the ocean began to lighten into a turquoise.

"Are we nearly there?" Tuk asked for what felt, and sounded, like the hundredth time in the last two hours.

Jake sighed, shaking his head. "Almost." He answered once again. The Ikrans continued to softly glide through the sky, the wind tickling their bellies and underside of their wings.