Temari + female y/n

The space was filled with loud sound, nearly making your ears ring as you watched the monsters' performance. They did amazing, even hearing distant applause from other Islands as you clapped.

Temari looked at you, smiling big as her green goggles shone in the sun.

The other monsters retired to a resting spot, talking with one another as Temari sat with you, her wings jittering with happiness.

"Did you like our performance?"

She tries to speak in a lower voice for you often, but usually ends up being louder than she intended. This time she was quiet.

You nodded, smiling big. She smiled back, leaning towards you to hug you gently. Since she was in the sun all day singing, the Wubbox was warm.

You two stayed in that spot in the clearing for most of the day before a Tawker came up to you, saying the others were starting to feel hungry.

You looked at Temari, smiling and patting her arm, letting her know you will be back soon. She seemed saddened to end the current conversation, but reluctantly nodded, allowing you to tend to her island.

About two hours later, all of the Air Island inhabitants were fed. It was late evening, but there was still enough sun for you to make your way back to Temari. 

She looked bored until she heard you coming. Her wings perked up, smiling brightly. As you two talked, you noticed small scratches and bite marks along her body, almost like scars.

You asked her about them. She hesitated for a moment before speaking again.

"... These are from a long time ago. Do you want to hear their story?"

You nodded slowly. She took a deep breath.

"Over a century ago, there used to be only five islands: Plant, Cold, Water, Earth, and Air. All of us Wubbox were created by Galvana to watch over the other monsters and our eldest sisters, Common and Rare. Big troublemakers, those two.

One day, a bad battle broke out between Mearra and Kelly. Both islands were deep in turmoil with one another. Markus and I tried to separate them…"

She went silent for a moment, before showing her arm. There was torn metal that looked like someone tried to weld it back together, but nothing worked.

"Well, you can see what good that did. Poor Kelly. The young lady was possessed by an ancient evil. A Wubbox core hungry one. She would've killed her own sister, if not for Markus dousing her core with holy water.

"As soon as the battle started, it stopped. We were lucky only a few monsters died. Kelly was deep in a coma for some time. We never heard from that dreadful curse again."

Temari sighed softly.

"The other injured monsters recovered just fine, Mearra taking a little longer because of her large body. Kelly woke up a few months later, not remembering anything about the war or the curse."

You could nearly hear her voice crack as she spoke the last part. You hugged her arm, making her gaze at you.

She smiled softly, before standing up in front of you. She bent down and picked you up, almost holding you like a baby. You felt tired as you rubbed your cheek against her warm metal. 

Since Temari was the smallest Wubbox, she could fit into the castle. Her head still thumped on the ceiling, though, as she carried you to your bed.

She smiled and wished you a good night, and carefully made her way back out of the castle.