green

green was the colour of the sweater you bought me for my birthday one year. i wore it all the time. you always gave the most meaningful presents. every birthday, chirstmas, anniversary, anything at all, you never failed to buy the most special thing for those you cared about.

green was the colour of your birthstone: emerald, your birthday in may. i bought you a silver necklace with a small emerald gem in the centre for your birthday one year. i was glad to finally be able to give you a meaningful gift back for all the one's you've given me.

green were the plants you filled your room with. long, tangling vines, small succulents, tall flowers with green stems and green leaves. you always took care of them and never let them dry up. you cared about those little plants so much, and i loved that about you. you always seemed to notice the beauty in the smallest things.

green was the colour of the grass we used to lie on as we watched the clouds pass us by. it was one of your favourite places to be, right there on the soft green grass.

it was in that green grass that i told you i loved you. we were lying there together; you were in my arms. i looked you in the eyes and said the words that i had been thinking for a long time. i can't even describe the joy i felt when you said it back. i knew in that moment that we'd be each other's forever.

green reminds me of you.