Chapter One

"I don't want to go" Sadie says over the phone softly to her lover

"Neither do I love" Micah says back chuckling

"I love you" Sadie says

"I love you more" Micah replies as he hangs up the phone call, Sadie falls backwards on her bed and smiled to herself. She lets out a small giggle before thinking "I love him <3 "

"He's perfect, but, I'm not"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MOMM" Sadie yells down to her mom frantically with clumps of dirty blonde hair in her hands.

Her mom walks in and stops "Oh honey..." Sadie's mom says softly, before bringing her into a tight hug.

"Would you like to go get a wig?"

Sadie nods her head as tears fall down her cheek.

"Ok, then get ready and meet me in the car" Her mom replies sympathetically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pair walk into the shop, Sadie wanders off and browses the wigs as her mom talks to the workers. Sadie is drawn to the blonde section, she looks at a dirty blonde wig with soft beach curls. Sadie cautiously picks it up and try's it on. The soft curls fall just below her shoulders, she walk over to her mom each curl bouncing with each step she takes.

Her mom spins around and her jaw drops.

"It's- Beautiful" she says softly smiling

Sadie puts it back down and keeps browsing, she looks at long ones, short ones. even colourful ones. After a while Sadie goes back to the first one she looked at and decides to get that one. Her mom throws in another blonde one that Sadie hasn't seen. Her mom shots her a reassuring look and continues paying.

"That'll be $67.50" the cashier says in a monotone.

The two get home and Sadie says something that catches her mom off gaurd.

"Mom?"

Her mom looks her direction as Sadie continues;

"I- I want to shave my head" 

Her mom's eyes fill with tears but she nods her head and they head into the bathroom.

~~~~~~~

"Your sure you want to do this?" her mom asks for the 5th time

"Yes, I'm sure" Sadie replies followed by a deep breath. "I'm ready"

Sadie's mom grabs the razor and switches it on. and starts shaving off Sadie's hair.

Tears roll down Sadie's face, her mom takes a break and hugs her before continuing.

Sadie's mom finishes up, and Sadie heads over to grab the wig. Sadie starts installing it. By the time she's done, it's 10:13pm. Sadie heads to bed.