3 - "Revenge"

Sorry guys this chapter is focused on soukoku but in the next one there will be more shin soukoku (and more angst) i promise🙏

Word count- 2664 words

Dazai opened his eyes and found himself in his own bed. Sunlight seeped in through the curtains as the sun rose and Dazai covered his eyes with his arms.

Everything felt... Peaceful. It almost felt like nothing happened, like it was all a dream.
That was when he heard soft snores behind him, instantly he turned around in shock as he saw Chuuya sleeping on his side, facing behind him.

Dazai's heart skipped a beat. Was Chuuya really alive? Was it all just a dream??
He wrapped his arms around his lover, feeling his soft and warm skin on his hands, admiring his hair that illuminated from the light outside.

He picked up a strand of Chuuya's hair that was laying on his neck and moved it to the side, so that he could leave gentle kisses on his neck, holding him tighter.

Chuuya softly hummed as he opened his eyes, "mm, let me sleep," he groaned annoyed.
"Sorry Chuu, I didn't mean to wake you." Dazai said quietly.
"Yeah well, why are you even being all lovey dovey and hugging me, huh?" Chuuya turned around to face Dazai, "not that im complaining," he smiled.

"Oh it's nothing, I just had a horrible dream that,, that you were killed," Dazai admitted,
"it felt so real, I'm still not sure if this is a dream and that I will wake up any second and lose you again."

Chuuya stifled his laughter, "you really are a weirdo, you know that? Of course this is real." He smirked and lightly pinched Dazai on the cheek.
"There, that pinch would have woken you up," he laughed.

Dazai smiled, "I guess you're right." He said and pulled Chuuya closer, giving him a passionate kiss on the lips.
They both leaned into the kiss and Dazai moved his hands to Chuuya's thighs, squeezing them tight before giving him a playful slap on his butt, making Chuuya yelp and push him lightheartedly while laughing.

Suddenly, Chuuya's phone started ringing and he attempted to pull away but Dazai held him tighter.
"You're not going anywhere~" He chuckled.
Chuuya rolled his eyes, "let me go you idiot, what if it's an important call?" He said, pushing Dazai off and reaching for his phone.
"You're no fun Chuu~" Dazai fake whined as Chuuya stood up and took the call while putting his clothes back on.

"Yes, what is it Mori?" Chuuya asked as he grabbed his shoes and leaned on the bed to put them on.

"Where was it you wanted to meet? At the warehouse?"

When Dazai heard those words his heart stopped. Those were one of the last words he heard Chuuya speak before he...

"Ok, I'll see you there," Chuuya said and hung up the phone.

He sighed, "I gotta go, I'll see you-"
"CHUUYA, DONT GO TO THAT MEETING!" Dazai yelled in a panic.
Chuuya's eyes widened, "what? Why?" He asked surprised at Dazai's sudden outburst.
Dazai's voice shook as he spoke, "you- you'll be killed!! Mori will-"

"What are you talking about? Look I gotta go, I'll see you after the meeting." Chuuya sighed and kissed Dazai's cheek then turned around to walk out the door.

Dazai wanted to run and stop Chuuya from going through that door but he couldn't move. It felt like something was holding him down, he was paralysed and it was terrifying.

All he could do was watch as Chuuya walked out the door, internally screaming and begging for him to stay, but unable to make any sound come out.

"So this really was a dream after all,..." Dazai thought, He couldn't help but laugh as a tears rolled down his face.
How cruel of his own mind to trick him like this, to make him think it was all okay, just to take everything away from him again.