🎬: 003 Sobriety

CHAPTER THREE , 003 Sobriety

         Bronzed fingertips, acting like extensions of Summertime herself, plucked different constellations of vibrant fruits

Bronzed fingertips, acting like extensions of Summertime herself, plucked different constellations of vibrant fruits. The Season's euphuistic love smiled upon Nailea Westwood in every way possible. From her tristful smile to her island walk. The tides changed with her step as the stars rested in her eyes.

A denim skirt clung to her waist as she wandered around the baskets on the outside of the Corner Market. Her self-brought shopping bag hung lazily in the crook of her elbow. She was hoping to stock up on her favorites before the hurricane hit. Hurricanes packed a real punch to the lower class of the island. No power, wifi, air conditioning, it was rough, but The Cut wasn't used to most luxuries anyway.

In nothing else but converse and a green halter top (as she often was), Nailea stopped short when she saw a gilded boy in a polo shirt wandering a few feet ahead of her. She's never seen him before and she's seen everyone before.

His appearance screamed Kook or Touron. His watch was silver in the most dazzling way due to the sun's reflection and his white shirt was spotless. He turned her direction, but she couldn't read his eyes through the Ray Bans. The boy ran a hand though his dark hair and took a step towards her.

"Excuse me, I'm new in town and here for the summer. You wouldn't know if this is a reputable store or not?" his Australian accent hung in the air as a school boy grin spread over his lips. "Would you?"

She almost laughed in his face. Instead, she pushed her sunglasses up her head, the plastic sides acting like a headband.

"This place is...amazing. They stock from the locals and always give a nice middle finger to the gentrifying assholes who try to buy out the place." she eyed him accusingly.

"You think I'm a gentrifying asshole?"

"Are you?"

He laughed and shook his head. "No."

Sudden screams of panic from down the street pulled their attention. A woman pulled her child away from falling crates and a man was yelling at the boy on a dirt bike who took the turn too fast.

Nailea smiled.

"Now that's an asshole. Can you believe that douche?"

"Mmhm" Nailea simply hummed as the bike approached.

The blonde boy driving the bike eyed the pair with confusion. But then she grinned at him and any speck of uncertainty on his face washed away.