By the opening of a Door

Grayson P.O.V

I look at her and in my mind I 'm trying to figure out hat's she doing in there. And she suddenly pulls out a cello. Whoa! She plays the cello, that's amazing. I was gonna go inside but interrupting her just seemed like a disgrace. I couldn't ruin her moment. She starts playing Suite No. 1 in G Major for solo Cello. Classical music has their plus, you'd probably think that a person like me usually doesn't know that stuff well.. I don't. I just read it in her sheet music. My guitar skills are not that level expert, unlike her. I knock the door and she stops playing. I say to her "please, don't stop". She looks at me with a blank look and puts her cello down.

"Why did you do that? You didn't have to stop"

"Yeah, I kinda did. I was going to practice my piano."

"You also play the piano?" She is so talented. I mean, what else can she do?

"yep. What are you doing here?"

"Well, I haven't formally introduced myself. I'm Grayson, Grayson Keller" I'm trying to do the formal thing

"Yeah, I know. I've been in your class for the last 4 years now."

"wow! that was douche-y from my part... (I said kind of ashamed) " Shit! formal introduction backfired.

"Alexa, (she smiles) my name is Alexa Hope"

"Your parents got generous with your name. I like it." her name is Hope..

"Thanks, I guess. Anyway, you didn't get to answer my question."

"The 'what am i doing here' question.. ah yes, I was passing the halls, thought I could practice but I see you've got the room" trying to lay it off cool....

"You can stay here, I have to go home anyways"

"Thought you were gonna practice piano" I caught her trying to get herself out of this situation. She's cute and quirky in that way. Whoa! What?

"I can do that tomorrow"

"No, please stay. i won't bother you much" I wanna see what she can do.

She nods and sits by the piano, stares at it and breathes in and out. She starts playing River Flows in You. I stare at her in awe, her ambition and passion for the instrument is just breathtaking, I've never met a person so invested in what they do.

Alexa's P.O.V

As I said , there was somebody and the door and I'm trying to focus on my Bach piece. He comes in, and just watches me play."please, don't stop"" he said to me. I feel very uncomfortable and put down my cello. I tensed up and looked at him, he spoke again.

"Why did you do that? You didn't have to stop"

"Yeah, I kinda did. I was going to practice my piano." Okay that, that right there. I made a fool of myself. I need to practice my Bach pieces for Julliard's summer program, i don't have it yet. Shit! Shit! Shit! I need to sit down and practice my cello but I won't make a fool of myself, I'm a freak as it is. Forget it, Imma sit by the piano and practice the song that Professor Smith gave me to practice. Just for fun you know. But Grayson, spoke again so I didn't exactly get a chance to play it yet.

"You also play the piano?"

"yep. What are you doing here?" Grayson Keller goes inside the music room.. Sounds like a beginning for a really really bad joke.

"Well, I haven't formally introduced myself. I'm Grayson, Grayson Keller"

"Yeah, I know. I've been in your class for the last 4 years" Wow! I can't believe that he actually never acknowledged me. Like that is just, simply rude. We've been in the same class room since 7th grade but he never even remembered my name. That's just to show how invisible i am in my life. I think that my family and Maika are the only ones who actually notice me, well, at least acknowledges me.

"wow! that was douche-y from my part... "

"Alexa, (I smile) my name is Alexa Hope" After all, he was just trying to be nice, even though he hurt my feelings a bit.

"Your parents got generous with your name. I like it."

"Thanks, I guess. Anyway, you didn't get to answer my question." Okay, he trying to flirt or something. Wait, he has a girlfriend. I'm confused now.

"The 'what am i doing here' question.. ah yes, I was passing the halls, thought I could practice but I see you've got the room"

"You can stay here, I have to go home anyways" I feel uncomfortable.

"Thought you were gonna practice piano"

Damn, he caught me in a lie. Kill me now... I try to answer back as fast as i can because, what the hell. "I can do that tomorrow" I say, because I can't practice at home because I dont have a piano but I certainly can tomorrow.I'd practice here, like I always do.

"No, please stay. i won't bother you much"

I nod and sit by the piano. I just need to practice, I won't really pay much attention to his presence. I breathe in and breathe out, I need to focus. I start playing River Flows in You by Yiruma, because it's one of my favorite pieces. I find it so inspiring and relaxing, and the change of melody and tempo from one second to another. This is what I love to do, this is what i am good at. Without music I don't know what i would be. Probably, a writer but I don't wanna focus on that now. I play the whole song with closed eyes, I feel that if you close your eyes when a song is playing you can literally feel the emotion that the artist feels when playing the song. I just love that you dont need words to guess or to know what the other person feels and it's just incredible. I finish the song and breathe in and once again breathe out. Suddenly I hear Grayson clapping, I turn around. I look at him in curiosity.

"What?" he asks me. Probably caught me staring too long.

"Nothing much. I don't usually play for just anybody, because I get so nervous I mess everything up"

"Then I guess I got lucky that you didn't mess up" He kind of moved closer.

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" I try to remind him since he forgot all of the sudden.

"Ameena? Please... (he says in an extremely sarcastic way) She uses me for her reputation. If I do something she doesn't like she calls everything off. She's kind of a bitch."

"Look, Grayson, I don't really see the point in all of this. If you want to practice I understand, I do but I don't understand what exactly is you want here"

"Why would you think I want something from you?"

I don't respond because this conversation is getting every time more awkward and more out of place. I look down at the floor and start walking towards the door but he grabs my arm.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to go home. I'm gonna see Mathias"

He looks down with a bit of a frown, now why would he frown? He speaks, still looking down "Mathias. He your boyfriend?"

I start laughing because the question is just out of place and out of mind. I keep laughing and I answer "Would you even mind? Why would you care?"

He looked at me alerted and once again said "So... he is your boyfriend?"

I keep laughing because he truly seems upset about this.... I answer "No. (he looks up at me) Mathias is my brother" He sighs in relief. He laughs just laughs and looks at me. I believe I started blushing, hope it didn't show.