// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕨𝕠 //

hiraeth - part thirty-two

»»——⍟——««

       After a couple days of recuperation, Y/n had finally begun to get back to her normal life, starting with unpacking all of her belongings in her new bedroom. Her room was quite large, nearly twice the size of her previous one, and even had a small balcony overlooking the open portion of Bulma's place. It was far fancier than Y/n had ever had, it was jarring to know this room was hers now.

As Y/n stepped back from the glass door, she spotted the reflection of the familiar Saiyan boy behind her, who dug through one of her boxes of items. Gohan pulled out a large stack of books, most of which were about engineering, setting them down on her desk with a loud thud.

"Wow, you're really into building things, huh?" He asked, scanning over the spines as he squinted his eyes. Y/n giggled as she turned to face him, twirling her hair around her finger.

"A little. It used to just be a hobby, and I never cared much to study. But after I met Bulma, I got super into it because she promised to get me into college. I was saving it as a surprise for you, but... Then a bunch of other things happened." Y/n scratched the back of her neck as memories of the previous two weeks flashed through her mind. Because of everything that had happened with her dreams and her past, Bulma had to put off putting Y/n in school until she was well. Y/n was very lucky and thankful to have Bulma, there was no way she could get out of missing the first few days of school without Bulma.

"That's why you never explained how you got into West University, huh? I don't know why I didn't realize it before, I knew you looked up to Bulma." Gohan chuckled, though his light demeanor disappeared as he looked down at Y/n with a frown. "But, what really happened? I mean... Between you and my dad. You two are obviously closer now."

"Goku helped take care of me, and even saved my life. I actually... Nearly died while we were gone. My dreams were having a physical affect on me the more I began to remember. If not for Goku finding me in time, I would have bled out." Y/n explained. And while it was true that was one of the reasons they were closer, it was also simply because Goku had feelings for Y/n, and was repeatedly making moves on her. Y/n tried to ignore it, but she just couldn't help but enjoy it. Not that she was going to tell Gohan that. She knew Gohan would freak out. And rightfully so, truthfully.

"A-And you didn't decide to come back after that? Why!?" Gohan asked as he grabbed Y/n's shoulders, almost instinctively searching for any injuries. However, after Whis had healed her, none of Y/n's injuries appeared again.

"I really wanted to make my wish. I figured we could just have the dragon help. But I never even got to make a wish, your father wasted it on himself." Y/n pouted, huffing. Gohan was already aware that Goku was in love with Y/n, after the way he had kissed her in front of everybody. Gohan had kept his feelings on the matter to himself, waiting until the right time to talk to Y/n about it. She had been recovering all this time from being forced to stay awake for so long, Gohan didn't dare say anything that could distress Y/n. But now that she was back to normal, Gohan felt antsy about questioning her.

"Y/n, I saw dad kiss you. Everybody did. Don't you remember?" Gohan asked. Y/n flinched at his words, furrowing her brows. She had kinda hoped she imagined that. The memory was blurry, and for a while, Y/n wasn't sure it even happened, but now her fears had been confirmed.

"Ah... Yeah. Listen, I-I'm not with Goku. He just keeps trying to flirt with me, he chased me around a whole island!" Y/n threw her arms out in emphasis, before crossing her arms and puffing her cheeks out in a pout. "I told him I wasn't interested, but he keeps reading my mind, prying into my thoughts. It's really annoying!"