CHAPTER 7

Andrea's way was blocked by Rosie and her friends in the crowded hallway. The girls formed a tight circle around her, and Andrea felt trapped. "What do you need, Rosie?" Andrea asked, trying to keep her voice steady.

Rosie looked her up and down with a disgusted expression. "What do you think of yourself, nerd?" she sneered. Her eyes narrowed as she judged Andrea's appearance, making her feel even more uncomfortable.

Andrea stayed silent, trying to avoid confrontation. "Don't you have a fucking tongue to speak? ANSWER ME!" Rosie shouted, her fury boiling over.

Ignoring her, Andrea turned to leave, but Rosie smirked in annoyance and pushed her from behind, causing Andrea to fall to the floor. Her glasses slid across the polished tiles, landing a few feet away. Rosie bent down, her face close to Andrea's, and hissed, "Don't you dare mess with me. Stay in your limits, nerd."

Meanwhile, Ryan was standing with his friends, scrolling through his phone with disinterest as they engaged in random chatter. Rosie had her arm draped around his, but he seemed distant. Turning off his phone, Ryan’s eyes wandered and landed on Andrea, who was sitting on a bench with her earphones plugged in, lost in her music. Slowly, he unwrapped Rosie's arm from his and stood up, making her look at him in surprise. She followed his gaze to Andrea and clenched her jaw in irritation.

"Guys, I'll see you later," Ryan said, and without waiting for a response, he made his way over to Andrea. His friends watched him go, confusion evident on their faces.

Ryan sat beside Andrea and gently tugged one earphone out of her ear. Startled, she looked up, her eyes widening in surprise to see her crush sitting next to her. "So, you're listening to 'Unholy' by Sam Smith with that innocent face. That was unexpected, Andrea," he teased, a playful smile on his lips.

Andrea felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment. She wanted to facepalm herself but managed only an awkward look. Ryan chuckled at her reaction and took her phone from her hand, scrolling through her playlist. She stared at him, still in shock, and pinched herself discreetly to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"Damn! Urshuffled playlist is totally weird." he remarked, laughing softly. Andrea cursed herself inwardly, feeling like a total duckhead in front of her crush.

His laughter was contagious, and despite her embarrassment, she found herself smiling. Her heart pounded in her chest as she watched him, his eyes closed as he enjoyed the music.

Meanwhile, the students around them whispered and gossiped, throwing disgusted looks at Andrea. She bit her lip nervously, feeling their judgment like a weight on her shoulders. She glanced at Ryan, who remained unfazed, eyes still closed, lost in the music.

Andrea took a deep breath and tried to relax, letting herself enjoy the moment. She closed her eyes, too, a smile spreading across her face. For a few precious minutes, it was just the two of them, sharing a connection through the music, oblivious to the rest of the world.
***