The Cure

'Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not gonna make up for the fact that the only thing that you have left is a hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be'
- TVD

Taehyung's POV

"I don't have much time left, Tae"

The werewolf bite was severe. It's worsening and Jungkook is weakening as time ticks by. Good thing, however, he is one strong vampire which means even though weakened, he still has the strength to walk normally.

Whereas the bad news? His conditioned can drastically change from good to bad in a snap and that he's only counting down the days to his death. One week or at this rate, maybe less since the cut was too deep.

No, I'm never gonna let that happen. No way am I gonna let another life be taken away from me by that... Monster or any of his minions.

"So what are we gonna do with Namjoon and your.. Dad?" Jimin asked sympathetically, slowly walking towards me.

I sighed heavily before having the strength to say my words out, "I'll carry my dad and put him to rest in one of the rooms. Namjoon-"

Hoseok interrupted, "Leave him to us. We'll reserve him in one of your extra rooms. I'm sure his 'lover' would be back for him sooner or later" with that being said, Hoseok carried the body up as if it was a potato sack. Yoongi trailed behind him, just in case.

One thing done, now it's my turn. I look down at my dad, caressing his cheeks. I almost cracked yet another tear but I held it back. I can't be emotional right now. I have to be strong. For myself, and my family which includes my dad, Jimin and my one and only Jeon Jungkook. I quickly glance over to Jungkook who was sitting at the couch, still hissing in pain due to the bite.

"Jimin, look after Jungkook while I assist my dad up, alright?"

The maknae immediately got up, "Tae, let me help you too"

"Jungkook"

"Taehyung" he retorted and cutely pleaded, "Please"

"Okay okay fine" I can never resist that adorable grin of his. Jungkook dragged along Jimin too. We can't possibly leave him alone, wouldn't want anything bad to happen again.

We walk up the stairs with full caution in every step. Since its late, we figured it would be better to just rest the body here and maybe do a proper burial ceremony the next day.

I entered the extra room which was located in between mine and the hyungs. Gently, I placed my dad's body down. I noticed something peculiar though. As harshly as it seems, Jin didn't slit my dad's throat too deep.

Even so, what's the use.. Once you cut the main power, everything else malfunction. If you get what I mean.

"Hey, Tae. I'm going to join the hyungs now okay?" He pat my head and left. Knowing Jimin well, he just wants me to have some private time with my dad. To cry my heart out, as long as I get up on my feet the very next day.

Jungkook added in, "I think I should-"

"No, Jungkook. Stay by my side, please?"

I tapped on my lap. The little one half smiled, slowly walking over and sat on my lap. I wrapped my arms around him, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"Taehyung... I'm sorry"

"It's okay. It's not your fault"

"But still, Jin is my-"

"Stepbrother. I know. You're not him and that's all that matters"

"But still-"

I crashed my lips on his to shush him up. Our kiss was sweet, tender and passionate. It was so nice to feel his soft, marshmallow lips which taste like bubblegum. Oh because Jungkook has the habit of chewing bubblegum after eating so yup.