Chapter Five

COACHELLA WEEKEND 2 LET'S GOOO! HOW I WISH I CAN BE THERE TO WATCH ANOTHER WORLD-CLASS PERFORMANCE FROM THEM HUHU

Chapter Five

A U T H O R

Silence prevails in the dining hall after what she said as they look at Rosé in utter shock. All of them are at a loss for words, much more her family who have no idea why Roseanne was acting like this. They had never seen her cause a scene in business meetings. To say that they are in disbelief is an understatement.

The only one who showed a reaction was Jisoo as Chaeyoung notices the slightest hint of a smirk on her lips, her eyes expressing interest, never backing down from the staring contest.

"I'm sorry for her behavior, Mr. Kim," Clare jumps to salvage the evening as she stands up, casting a 'you're not getting away with this' glare at Chaeyoung who didn't even notice it.

Ha Joon comes back to his senses at Mrs. Park's apology. Mr. Kim just smiles, "I believe you have a family discussion to settle tonight." Rosé feels the uneasiness in the air, breaking her stare at Jisoo, and looks at her father.

Mason nods as he looks at his youngest daughter before facing Ha Joon, "I suppose so. I'm sorry about tonight," he bows a little in apology. Mr. Kim pats his shoulder with a shake of his head, "The dinner was great. Call me tomorrow once it's settled," he replies before shaking Mr. Park's hand.

"Will do," Mason responds and accompanied by his wife and Alice, walks the guests out of the dining hall.

When she thinks all of them are out, she rests her hands on the dining table, looks down, and exhales. Her head is pounding, caused by the swarm of thoughts in her head.

She was in her fight-or-flight mode the whole evening. All she knows is that Jisoo and her family are a threat to everyone around her. And she chose to jump toward that threat to shield them.

She just has to think of a plan to get out of this unscathed.

"That was commendable."

Rosé almost jumps out of her skin at the voice behind her. She whips her head at the raven-haired woman who is casting an impressed smirk at her. She tenses as she glares at the woman walking towards her, gracefully running her fingers on the table.

Straightening her posture, Roseanne declares, "I know what you are." Her jaw clenches as Jisoo raises an eyebrow at her in question, "Oh, you do?" she asks with an amused smile, cocking her head. Chaeyoung's body shakes at her effort to restrain herself not to slam her hand on the table at the woman's taunting.

She forcefully closes her eyes, gritting her teeth. Any moment now, she'd burst out of anger and– She takes a sharp breath as soft hands hold her arms, "You're shaking," says Jisoo in a seemingly concerned voice and Rosé opens her eyes to be greeted with a pair of confused ones.