Chapter 3: Planning

Emmaline had a peaceful trip and she and Cas had missed each other much. They were unaware of Jovita's escape until Aren came pounding on the door.

"Come in."

Aren burst into panting with a long cut on his cheek.

"Everything ok? What happened?" Cas asked him.

"Jovita knocked out three guards and killed one before she escaped!"

"Jovita got away. Of course," Cas grumbled.

"Seems like you and she are immortal," Em commented.

"We think she's going to go try to ally with August. The other issue is The Ruined that sided with Olivia."

"Give them a choice of where to go. They can either come here and live under our rule or they can beg August to accept them," Cas instructs.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Schedule a council meeting for this afternoon."

"At once."

After lunch, they had their council meeting.

"We have a few problems. One is that we planned to lock Jovita up, but she killed a guard and got away. We believe she's going to try to ally with August. The other is Ruined who sided with Olivia. They still don't accept me as King nor Emmaline as Queen. After the battle, they disappeared. On another note, Em and I want to get remarried and have heirs. If our people don't accept that, fine, they'll get used to it or they can leave but we hope no one leaves. We need to track down the remaining Ruined on Olivia's side and locate Jovita and figure out August's plan."

"So, what do you want to do?"

"Send a peace treaty to August saying that if he leaves us alone, we'll leave him alone. We may pass each other's territory during travel, but my people and his people are not allowed to harm, kill, or capture each other. Got it?"

|"Yes, your Majesty."

"Next, wedding date. I don't want to have it immediately because we need time to plan, and we don't want to make it look like we're rushing into things. Three months from today. We'll each choose a few people to just plan the wedding for us and then look over the details. How does that sound?"

"Perfect," Em answers with a smile.

"In the note also tells August to keep a lookout for Jovita and the remaining Ruined. Tell him that if he locates him to send word."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Meeting adjourned."

Everyone got to work. The elected writer wrote a message to August and two guards left to deliver it at sundown. A few maids started helping Em design a wedding dress. Cas was stressed and needed to chill, so he took a walk in the peaceful gardens, breathing the fresh air, he at once relaxed.