CH. 1 | 4 AM

--

Welcome, [Reader].

It's me, your self-conscious.

I am interrupting your sleep to say that you are starving.

You appear to be waking up due to your starvation

You honestly can't sleep in this condition, so I advise getting a late night snack.

Just try to be sneaky about it, okay?

Anyway, you're waking up. I'll see you soon.

--

[READER]'S P.O.V.
          You groggily awaken on your bed, noticing the blankets you kept for warmth fell onto the ground. You immediately notice your horribly empty stomach. Great time already.
          You groan, trying to blink awake as you check the time.

4:03 am.

  "It's too early for this...". Flopping onto the shockingly cold floor, you drag yourself, along with your blanket you managed to grab, outside of your room sneakily and walked to the kitchen.
          You immediately notice a bag of chips laying on top of the kitchen counter. You were about to munch away on them before noticing that the bag was barely filled. Mumbling curses under your breath, you open the fridge to find a couple dollars, bloxy colas, and... a head. It's been there for a while, you try not to think about it too much.
         With no other options, you decide to head to the local convenience store in hopes to find some food. You hated the idea to get up and having to experience some social interaction at 4AM, with you looking like a mess and a 'bird's nest' casually lying in your (H/L) hair, according to Father Figure whenever he was ever out of the bathtub.
          You slowly walk back to your room, stopping just right outside the hallway to notice your younger sibling, Player, rushing out of the house, slamming the door (yet somehow managed to make it slam quietly) without saying a word. Not like he could anyway...
          You stare at the front door, before hoping that Player would be alright, since you knew well that if Player got in trouble for it, the resposibility would also be thrown onto you, since you are the role model of your younger sibling.
          Continuing your walk back to your room, you made sure the shut of the door of your room was quiet before quickly shoving through your closet, wanting to cure your hunger faster. You grab (Y/C), quickly dressing yourself, before racing through the hallways, frantically looking around the living room for your shoes.
          "WHERE ARE MY SHOES?" You whisper to youself, looking under chairs and tables to find your shoes. Soon enough, you give up...
          You'll just wear no shoes then. Pray those socks won't make your feet hurt too bad.
          You wander outside, staring at the night sky as you walk. Nice day-... night, considering how gloomy nights can get.
          You notice your sibling running in and out of the convenience store, dropping cans into the broken vending machine outside. Should you tell her it's broken, or...
          Shrugging your shoulders, you enter the convenience store, as a bell chimed, stating your arrival.
          You immediately notice a cashier, slouching down on the rather small counter. He seems... ticked off. You think back to Player. "If I was a cashier, apparently working at 4 AM, having to deal with a kid, specifically Player, running in and out of the store just to 'help' some broken vending machine, i'd be fed up too." You thought to yourself.
          "hi, welcome to 'a generic convenience store'. we are opened 24 hours." The cashier said, yawning right after his sentence. "place an item here and talk to me to purchase." You didn't say anything back. You observed the items. In the corner of your eye, you notice a bloxy cola that escaped Player's wrath. You reached for it, before Player rushed into the building, pushing you away from it, and sprinting out.
          "PLAYER, GOD DAMNIT!" You scream at them while the door was still closing. They give a shitty grin and dashed to the vending machine once more, dropping the last one in. You notice the vending machine looked... happy. Don't think about it too much.
          "is this... a natural occurance?" The cashier spoke out randomly, giving you a little scare, forgetting he was even there in the first place.
          "Unfortunately... always doing some... goofy thing. Yeesh, he never learns." You slightly ramble about Player, as the cashier slowly nods tiredly.
          "he seems like a handful. he's been running in out of the store for a while now, i'm hoping he just stopped." He explained, slowly getting down on his knees, since he could basically kneel against the counter.
          "Classic Player move..." You whisper, managing to whisper loud enough for the cashier to hear, as he chuckled at your slight rage.
          You sigh, looking around the place a bit more, seeing what Player didn't already snatch from the store.
          ....Yeesh, theres basically nothing here! You grumble to yourself in annoyance, as you touched your stomach. You decide to go ahead and fuel up on something else.
          You'd assume that the cans laying at the fridge back home would be taken by Player by now, so you decide to grab the orange juice sitting on the shelf.

          You glance at the notes right next to the orange juice.

'we no longer sell ORANGE JUICE and TOOTHPASTE together due to the amount of people buying and consuming them both.'
'<- don't do this'
'<- unless it is in a video game'
'<- definitely not a hint'

          Some people just love themself some orange juice and toothpaste, I guess... You shrug at it, before walking to the counter. You placed the orange juice onto the counter, as he stared at it.
          "you sure you wanna buy this orange juice? it'll cost you $30. talk to me again to purchase." He warned. $30 for some orange juice?? jesus christ. You considered placing the item back, patting around in your pockets (IF YOU GOT SOME, IF YOU DON'T... APPEARED OUTTA THIN AIR.) to see if you have any money left over.
          ...$6. You sighed. The cashier noticed your distressed.
          "don't got enough money?" He asked. You pathetically nod, staring at the ground and grumbling, shoving the $6 into your pockets.
          "well, uhh... hey, how about to pay, you can just... mop the store later? saves me the work." He suggests, shrugging slightly while leaning against the counter more. You didn't deny the idea...
          "I mean, if it's for the OJ..." You shrug, as well as nodding, letting the cashier know you'll take up the offer.
          "cool cool..." He mumbled. You were about to leave the store before he called out for you.
          "hey wait! are you wearing just socks right now??" You look down at your shoe-less feet.
          "Uhm... maybe?" You shrug guiltily, not being too ashamed about it. He laughed at this. Your cheeks slowly flushed from embarrassment, itching the back of your neck.
          "that's the...-" He continued laughing, as he calmed down. "-...the best thing i've ever seen. i wish i had your confidence." His smile widened, as you couldn't help but smile as well.
          "Well, I didn't really have a choice, but you know." You give a mighty grin before waving him goodbye. He did the same and you left.
          You groan as you realize Player managed to egg the cashier's car.

--

1200 words.