Chapter 1- Welcome to Coven Camp

The forest was still, quiet, and calm. The night had just passed, and the sun was beginning to rise. As the first rays of sunlight peeked through the canopy of the trees, the air was filled with a sense of reverence. The forest, usually so full of life and sound, seemed to be holding its collective breath.

As the sun rose higher, the light seemed to pour into the forest, as if it were a liquid seeping through the trees. It created a warm and golden glow that cast everything in its light in an ethereal glow.

As the sun reached its zenith, the forest seemed to glow from within. The trees were no longer shadows but golden pillars of light. The underbrush, usually dark and damp, seemed to sparkle with a life of its own. Every bit of life seemed to be lit up, as if the forest itself were a living being.

The silence was broken by the first sounds of the morning. The birds began their morning calls, and the forest woke up from its peaceful slumber. It felt like the forest itself was a living, breathing entity, rising and stretching as the sun reached higher in the sky. The dawn was like a grand, majestic performance, with the forest as the stage and the sun as the lead performer.

David walked over to the entrance of the camp, his eyes scanning the surroundings for any sign of the next portal. His legs ached from the long weekend trying to put the new things in place for the new Coven members, but he remained focused and determined. The air was cold and crisp, and his breath formed clouds in the morning air. Max approached from behind, breaking the silence of the waiting.

"Waiting for the new members?"

Max asked, his voice soft and low. David turned and nodded, a small smile stretching across his face. He pulled out the papers that he kept handy for the new members, the names and skills carefully jotted down in his neat handwriting.

Max had a tired look in his eyes, his body hunched over, with dark circles under his eyes and a grimace on his face. He was the complete opposite of David, who was always cheerful and optimistic.

"Yep! It says here that they are a gatherer and a Alchemist, Nikki, and Neil! They should be here any minute now.

Suddenly , a green light appears in front of them, As David and Max approaches the portal, they feel a sense of anticipation and wonder. The portal itself seemed to be vibrating with a subtle energy, as if it were alive. It was a deep, emerald green, with an almost metallic sheen to it. The surface of the portal was smooth, but there was a slight shimmering effect that made it appear to be constantly moving. Lighter green and white particles were swarming around it, like fireflies.

As the two individuals walked closer, they could feel the portal's energy drawing them in. It was as if they were being pulled towards an irresistible force. Two kids step out of the portal, landing on their feet, QuarterMaster pops his head in to make sure they made it, the disappears into the portal as it slowly closes.

The first to appear was a young alchemist, the boy was short, dark brown hair and a nervous look on his face, he used his natural curiosity and intelligence to uncover the magical properties of various ingredients in things. In his quest to create the perfect healing concoction, he had fear of failure and took every opportunity to learn from his mistakes. His personality was shy, who sometimes felt overwhelmed by the complexity of their crafts.

"Wow... this place is nice, I haven't seen a coven before... this is my first time, oh uh hi! My name is Neil, I'm an alchemist, and I'm ready for what we have in store, and I have to need to remind you I am NOT scared of anything!"

Neil nervously chuckles, rubbing the top of his hands

The second was Nikki, a girl with her untamed wild curls of green hair, radiated an energetic energy that was contagious to all those around her. Nikki's love for nature and the adventure of gathering random objects in the forest fueled her curiosity and made her a natural explorer. Nikki's enthusiasm could not be contained and she often ran ahead of her previous coven mates, eager to discover new sights and sounds. She was a force of nature herself, bringing joy and excitement wherever she went. Nikki laughs at Neil's awkwardness, she leaps forward, before giving a dramatic bow.