Chapter 3 - Jasper

As the sun rises above the majestic pine trees, the morning fog slowly lifts, revealing the stunning natural beauty of the forest. The birds are singing a captivating melody, their sweet chirps echoing through the trees. The air is crisp and fresh, and the fragrance of wildflowers fills the air, as the forest comes alive with a multitude of colours, sounds, and smells.

The peaceful silence around feels like time is suspended. The rustling of the leaves in the wind, and the noise from distant animals are the only sounds, as the peaceful serenity of the forest soothes morning air. The gentle breeze rustles the leaves in the trees, casting patterns of sunlight through the branches, creating a magical spectacle of dancing lights and shadows.

The forest feels like a magical kingdom, where every tree, every rock, and every stream seems to have its own story to tell. From the moss growing on the trees, to the tiny flowers blooming in the shaded areas. The gentle hum of the bees and other insects adds to the magical aura of the forest.

Davey rises from the softness of his mattress, stretching out his tired limbs and cracking his joints with a satisfying pop. He kicks his blankets aside and leaps out of bed, ready to start the day. He begins his morning routine, first with a deep breath to steady his nerves, while also doing his smile exercises, and prepare for the day ahead. He washes his face, brushes his teeth, and combs his fluffy red hair.

Next, he grabs his little spell book, a tome filled with his own creations: spells, teas, hexes, and all sorts of other magical recipes. The book is a testament to his hard work and dedication to the craft, and it gives him comfort in knowing that he has a ready arsenal of magic at his disposal. With his spell book in hand, he heads out the door, eager to face whatever challenges the day may bring.

Davey enters the covenstead, greeted by the warm and soothing atmosphere that always fills him with a sense of peace. He pauses by the table where his food has already been laid out for him, and as he sits down, a sweet aroma of freshly baked bread, fruit, nuts, and other assorted meats fills his nostrils. He eagerly digs into the offerings, taking his time to savour each and every bite. After he satiates his hunger, Davey washes down the food with a large gulp of grape juice, his eyes brightening from the refreshing taste.

As he sits there, content and at ease, he notices a young boy sitting down next to him. He studies the child's appearance briefly, noticing his wide, curious eyes and poised posture. Davey can't help but smile at the young boy's determined look on his face, and he turns to greet him.

"Hello there! What's your name?"

The other boy looks at Davey up and down, a little nervous, he puts out his hand in a kind gesture.

"My name, is Jasper... I'm just starting to learn Witchcraft, coming here was my parents idea to make me more powerful... I sense a very powerful magic coming from this place..."

Davey's eyes light up at the mention of Jasper's interest in witchcraft. He is filled with a sense of camaraderie, knowing that they have that unique interest in common. He reaches out and shakes Jasper's hand, his grip firm and confident.

"Well, Jasper, I'm Davey, and I'm pleased to meet you. I can assure you that this place is full of powerful magic indeed. Not only that, but the people here are kind and accepting, and they'll be more than willing to help you on your journey. I know I'm still learning and growing in my practice, but I'd be happy to share what I've learned with you!"

Davey's expression softened slightly as he looked at Jasper. He remembered how overwhelmed he felt when he first started learning magic, how confusing it was to learn the different types of spells and ingredients, and how frustrating it was to try and perform them correctly. But he also remembered the thrill of watching a simple spell come alive and produce tangible results, of feeling the power and potential of magic coursing through his veins.