When the Main Bottom Becomes the Yandere Top CHAPTER 1

"Pant, pant..."
Running through the silent night, the thick grass with not a streetlamp in sight. The uneven pebbles dug into my bare feet, but they couldn't stop me. Maybe because I was very nervous, but I've been feeling light-headed since earlier. I felt dizzy and sleepy, and every step I took made my head ache, as if it was going to explode from lack of oxygen in my brain.
Nevertheless, I had to run away.
「Stay with me, forever.」
That was what he said, word for word. He placed his mark on my neck, keeping me under his control. I didn't have the choker anymore, but it still felt like something was binding my neck. The pitch black, night sky resembled him. A road in the distance came into my partially-blocked view.
Just a little more, a little more, and I'll be fine. Then, I could escape this prison-like place. Then, just as I thought that,
"I told you not to leave at night. Since it's dangerous."
A pretty voice that had followed me at one point. It seemed gentle when hearing it, but that voice was clingy, pulling me in. Fair, slender fingers grabbed the collar of my shirt.
"E-Evan... I thought you were sleeping..."
"How could I keep on sleeping, seeing you do something so interesting?"
Behind me was a beautiful man, stoic and clean-looking, yet somehow stimulates one's lust. He smiled when our eyes met. His pitch black pupils were full of me. A pretty appearance, clean-cut clothes, and a drowsy air.
The man in front of me was much smaller than I am, but mentally, I was already overwhelmed by him. I could push him away with just a bit of strength, but that was proof why I couldn't.
His hand slowly went down, creeping like a bug. My body absentmindedly trembled, tamed every time others stared at my enviously wide shoulders and my nice-looking back muscles. Watery mud was stuck all over my body.
"Hhnnn...!"
"Hail, do you know what I hate most?"
My frightened appearance was reflected in his dark, mighty eyes. The cold-hearted, sharp, completely literal yandere top was uncharacteristically frightened. I trembled, covered with dirt and swallowed by the fear and excitement forcibly drawn out. Every time, my golden yellow eyes like that of birds of prey shimmered with tears.
Urk, I let out a groan at the same time one of my shoulders slammed against a tree. Standing above me as I lay limp, he never even thought to stop. His hand stopped at my bare feet covered in scratches, violently grabbing my ankle.
"It's when you leave me."
This shouldn't be happening. The main bottom I knew wasn't this kind of person. Just where did it all go wrong? The only things I could think of amidst the tingling pain was his beautiful smile, and...
"Caught you."
Those words of his.
***
"...My hair's still silver, huh."
My silver hair today's also unrealistically shiny. Since it's silver hair. This isn't even a fantasy novel. But the face cast underneath was no more realistic. Sharp, raised eyes, tall nose, and gold pupils similar to birds of prey. With a slightly gloomy, stone-face, he looked like the coldest and most handsome man in the world.
When moving your eyes a bit more, you could see a firm body that's close to art through the open collar. I don't remember bulking up or anything, but he had hard muscles all over his body. A well-filled out body to a level that looked good, not excessive, but evoked a sense of overbearingness.
No matter how you look at it, he's a yandere top.
"Sighhh..."
I could only let out a sigh. This was me. I transmigrated into the main top of a BL novel!
I dreamt of happily dying now that I could have a sweet relationship, but out of all the things of the BL novel I transmigrated into with a boarding, private university setting, it was also an angsty* novel. What's even worst is that I'm the craziest, rich main top in it.
The university in the original story accepted only children of the wealthy. Just as the children of rich families reach of age, they would be educated as successors in a social scene called school, and immediately after graduation, they would step foot into society. That's probably why student management was much more thorough, and calling it 'a school specializing in training successors' is more appropriate than calling it a university. This is probably what a military academy feels like.
The original's main bottom, Evan Pristin, was a freshman who didn't fit the school's atmosphere. Seeing as his family circumstances weren't good, he shouldn't have been able to enroll here. But, Evan got the top score in the entrance exam fair and square, using his peculiar and extraordinary mind. The main bottom who was a poor talker, but attracted others. With Evan, for the original me, Hail Verde, it was love at first sight. So far, so good.
The only problem is the main top, Hail, is a real son of a bitch. Hail Verde torments Evan with his twisted love, and in the end, kidnaps and even imprisons him. Finally, the story ends with Evan being imprisoned by Hail, and surrendering his everything to him.
「You can never escape me.」
Together with those yandere top lines.
It was a really absurd, cliched story. I was so pissed when I saw the ending. But what's fortunate is I transmigrated to before the original story started.
I won't act like the original. I clenched my fist, promising myself a few times. I won't ever do anything that a yandere top would do, so I'll distance myself from Evan Pristin, the main bottom.
That's right, I clearly need to stay away. But, where should I start? When I finally came to my senses, I couldn't escape Evan.
The first time I saw Evan Pristin was at the entrance ceremony, cherry blossoms splendidly blooming. The beauty's elegant body line, beautiful face and well-groomed appearance, with buttons all the way up to his neck, caught everyone's attention at first glance. I also stared at him for a while like I was entranced. The only close friend I had after I transmigrated, Carmen, whispered in my ear.
"Wow, I swear, that kid's really pretty. That's him, right? The rumored Evan Pristin. The one who passed that stupid entrance exam with top scores."
"...Yeah."
Even I would believe he was a doll, and not a human being. Just how can someone be that pretty? My looks are also unrealistic, but his is much more. I was staring at Evan, but suddenly, our eyes met.
His black eyes that seemed to have all the grinded darkness of the world placed in it were directed at me, even though it was for just a short time. I shuddered. I knew with that single glance that he was the 'main bottom' meant for me. Is this what they call fate?
It was then that silly thought came to mind. Evan turned his head, as if what happened just now was all a dream. A dark shadow was cast over his eyes that were like the night sky. They looked lifeless... What should I do? It's kinda...
"Hail. Hail!"
"...H-Huh? Why're you calling me?"
"Why're you gawking like that?"
Carmen poked my arm as he let out a meaningful smile. You, don't tell me...
"You fell for him?"
"No! I didn't fall for him!"
"You crazy guy, why're you shouting!?"
Carmen covered my mouth, slightly silencing me. When I came to my senses, people's gazes were piercing us. I heard words like, 'Is that Verde?' here and there. I lowered my head in a hurry, and pretended not to notice.
The next time I saw Evan's face was when he had already stepped down from the stage. But I couldn't forget the melancholy I sensed from his face earlier, so I couldn't take my eyes off the stage.
Only a few hours had passed before I saw Evan again. The lecture hall that appears and disappears like an illusion, his designated seat was next to me. I didn't realize I was going to meet him like this so early.
Well, since Evan and I are the main characters, it isn't really weird for us to meet early. Since the story starts when we enter school.
I stiffly walked like a robot, and barely managed to sit in my chair. I grew anxious at the black shape beside me. But contrary to my worries, Evan didn't seem very interested in me. Since he was always surrounded by students.
The freshman who entered this school, attended just by children of distinguished families, with just his grades. There were many rumors about his family being poor, or even worse, that he was an orphan, but after Evan's face became well-known, all kinds of people socialized with him. From those who held favorable feelings for him, jealousy, and even those who lusted after him.
I laid down, pretending to sleep, as I quietly strained my ears for Evan's conversations with others.
"Let's be friends from now on, Evan!"
"..."
"You wanna eat lunch with me?"
"No."
"Go out with me!"
"Don't want to."
His uniform, mechanical, indifferent answers were exactly as how Evan Pristin was described in the novel. In contrast to his innocent appearance, the novel's Hail Verde grew more interested in Evan at his impregnable attitude. But of course, he also brutally turned down Hail's introduction.
That aside, he's really pretty. Long eyelashes. His face's also really small.
It was then as I appreciated his face that was like a work of art. I met eyes with Evan. Ashamed at being caught secretly peeking, I just threw out a word at him.
"H-Hello."
Ackkk. That sounded weird. Like a hardcore fan meeting his idol. My heart thumped loudly. I could feel my face turning red. Evan slowly turned his head towards me. His slightly shaky eyes were filled with surprise.
"...Hello."