chapter four | new memories to make

Y/N WALKED ONTO the set with a nervous feeling and an open mind. The first job since she's been in a relationship and Jenna wasn't with her. That was new for her. Normally, Phoebe and Cariba would be with her.

This was a milestone in her career and no one was here to celebrate with her.

As she walked toward her trailer, she passed the crew members and extras, waving to a few with a smile. They all seemed to know each other, most likely from different sets. Once she reached her trailer, she noticed a blonde-haired woman waiting outside. Y/n could only assume it was one of her new co-stars, maybe even a new friend.

After noticing her, the woman hugged her before introducing herself as Florence Pugh. She'll be playing Yelena Belova. "You must be, Y/n. You're playing our villain." She spoke with a grin as she pulled away from the hug. "I'm a huge fan, Scarlett is too."

Y/n didn't know what to make of that, people that she was a huge fan of are fans of her. It was surprising yet exciting. That was her sign that she made it. "I'm a huge fan of you guys." She admitted excitedly. Florence smiled before following Y/n inside her trailer.

"Have you met the others yet?"

"I haven't had the chance to yet," Y/n replied and set her stuff down near the table. She looked over at Florence to see a grin on her face, she knew where this was going. Florence motioned for Y/n to follow her as she walked out of the trailer.

She guided Y/n toward the set where the other cast members were located. As she looked around the set, she remembered the text that Jenna had sent her this morning. "It's a new set, make as many memories as you can." That's exactly what she was going to do, make new memories.

She planned to make some new friends along the way.

"You should have seen it, I can tell this movie is gonna be amazing." Y/n spoke happily to the person she was on Facetime with. She hasn't been this excited since she worked on the show Wednesday, she didn't bother with trying to hide it.

"It sounds like you enjoy it so far," Jenna replied with a smile. Y/n smiled in response and listened as Jenna started talking about her day. Every so often Y/n's mind would drift to think about her life and how perfect it was.

She had a great job, she was dating the girl of her dreams, and she has the best friends and family. She knew she had everything she could ever want. "You look distracted, what are you thinking about?" She questioned curiously.

"Just my life and how great it is, especially with you in it."

Jenna smiled and then blushed at the comment before she heard someone call her name. Y/n knew exactly what that meant, Jenna had to go film. "I love you but I have to go."

The two said their goodbyes and then ended the call.

She still had some free time left, she just had to find what to do. She could go bother her new co-star, David Harbour. As she left her trailer, she heard someone calling her name. She looked to her left to see the lead herself, Scarlett Johansson. She thoughts that she was filming with Florence right now.

She thought wrong, nothing new there.

"What are you up to?" Scarlett asked curiously once she approached her co-star.

"On my way to annoy David," Y/n replied with a grin. As she started the walk toward David's trailer, Scarlett followed behind her. It didn't take Y/n long to notice. "What do you need, Scarlett?"

"Just thinking we could get to know each other better."

She nodded in response and then the two began to tell each other things about themselves. She learned so many things in five minutes.

That was gonna be a memory to tell Jenna about later.

She walked into her shares home to find the living room to be empty. Considering the time, maybe Jenna wasn't home yet. She knew filming days could run longer than planned. She checked the kitchen to find it empty too.

"Guess I'm alone for a bit then." She spoke to herself and then got herself something to drink from the fridge.

She took a sip of her soda after opening the can as she made her way upstairs and to her bedroom, still no Jenna. She is still filming. She debated between waiting for her or just going to sleep.

She felt herself growing more tired but she knew she could stay awake a little longer with the help of her favorite tv show.

A few hours have passed since Y/n had gotten home. She looked next to her to see Jenna asleep, she wondered when she fell asleep. She turned to check the time on her phone to find out it was 3:20 am. When did Jenna get home?

Now that she was awake and unsure if she was ever going back to sleep, she got out of bed to make her way downstairs. She needed a snack. She opened the fridge to find nothing she wanted. She was considering baking cookies and trying not to wake Jenna. "What are you doing up this late?" Jenna questioned as Y/n closed the fridge door with a roll of cookie dough in her hand.

Too late.

"I couldn't sleep so I was gonna get a snack," Y/n replied as she placed the cookie dough on the kitchen counter. Jenna handed her a baking sheet before getting herself a bottle of water. "Thank you." She then preheated the oven and then started putting the dough on the baking sheet.

"Are you getting those nightmares again?"

"What? No. As I said, I just needed a snack."

Jenna nodded before she sat down at the table. "Do you plan on going back to bed anytime soon?"

"Maybe, we'll see what happens."

The two stood there in silence once the cookies were put in the oven. They would glance at each other, trying to find something to say to each other. Truth be told, it was too early to try to make conversation with anyone. When Y/n looked at the oven clock she noticed that it now read 3:25 am.

One of them had to say something soon.

The silence went on for a few more minutes before one of them decided to say something. "When did you get home?" Y/n asked with a tired tone, a yawn soon following.

"A couple of hours ago." She replied truthfully, her tiredness was growing, and it didn't take Y/n long to notice. "How was filming?" She questioned trying to hide how tired she was. Her words were starting to not make any sense.

"It was pretty good but that's not important." She spoke with a now awake tone. "Go back to sleep, I'll be there soon I promise."

"Okay, I'll hold you to that promise."

Jenna kissed her girlfriend's cheek and then made her way back upstairs. She smiled to herself until she realized that she wouldn't be going back to sleep anytime soon. She might as well enjoy Jenna's company while she can after the cookies were done of course. There was one recurring thought she needed answers to though.

What happens when they get too busy?

————————
brooke speaks!

please don't read too
much into this. hoping
grammarly didn't ruin
this chapter by not
fixing my mistakes