Prologue: The Proposal Pt. 3

(HEY GUYS IM ALIVE! I BROKE MY LAPTOP WHICH IS WHY I HAVENT BEEN ONLINE BUT I WILL TRY AND POST MORE NOW THAT IM STEALING MY MOTHERS LAPTOP. AGAIN UPDATES WILL BE SLOW BUT TO ANY NEW FANS HELLOOOOOO TYSM FOR READING MY BOOK AND I APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE! DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW AND STAR THIS CHAPTER TO HELP BOOST MY EGO <3333 P.S NEW OBSESSION INCLUDED TRY AND GUESS WHAT IT IS ~Hint: Another Alice Oseman book~ )

|Nick's pov|

We were in the car and Rey was playing on my phone in the back, while me and Charlie were in the front. I was driving so Charlie could have a couple drinks when we were there. 

"Here we are Rey-Rey, time to get off the phone now!" Charlie said, reaching his hand into the back for Rey to put the phone in.

"Aww," Rey pouted, handing him the phone. 

"Thank you baby," Charlie replied. He handed me my phone then got out to unstrap Rey, I sat in the drivers seat staring at the ring again. "You okay?" Charlie asked, concern spreading across his face.

"Yeah! Just terrified Tao will bite my head off for not telling him asap," I replied.

"Haha! I'm sure it'll be-" Charlie re-thought his statement. "Let's keep 111 on speed dial..." I gave him a pity full look and opened the car door. We knocked on Tao and Elle's front door, a couple seconds later a light brunette haired girl opened the door, her bold turquoise tips stood out.

"You did not dye your hair again." Charlie snickered, giving her a hug.

"I would've done all of it if Tao hadn't threatened to run away!" She exclaimed, I gasped.

"Of course he said that," Charlie rolled his eyes as he picked Rey up and walked in as I gave Elle a hug afterwards, we walked in and were surrounded by people. A severely pregnant Tara, vaguely drunk Darcy, a child whisperer Aled having a full on conversation with my daughter, Tao admiring a card given to him and of course, Charlie standing with Darcy glass in hand. I don't blame him, he hasn't drunk much because of Rey. Even if she is here now, she'll be surrounded with Me, Tara and Elle who won't drink. That's three sober family!

"How are you and Charlie?" Tara asked, cupping her bump with one hand and what I think is tea in the other.

"Oh! Yeah," I smile, gazing towards him. "We're great," I looked back at Tara.

"Well, I'm sure there's no hiding that from your parents." I chuckled, 

"Don't even-" She said. "I was gonna tell them at 6 weeks cause then I wouldn't have that much of a bump, but no!" Tara paused. "Nick?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I tell you something, and you have to promise not to tell Darcy," She begged "I have to tell someone and you're the only one I know who can keep a secret, other than sober Charlie and Aled."

I tried not to laugh at that last part. "Of course! What's up-"

"I have a feeling it's twins." She cut me off. "I don't know for sure! I have an appointment soon to check but, it's a pregnant instinct I guess." I was about to say something when she stopped me again "You know how some parents know what gender their baby is, that's how it is..." She saw I was about to say something, "Ah! Sorry, I've been ranting again." 

"Nah it's cool! And I get what you're on about. Charlie said Rey would be a girl, but I was convinced she'd be my rugby boy cause she squirmed," Tara laughed.

"Your rugby boy?" She asked in confusion

"Don't ask. Please." I replied, Tara laughed and stared at Darcy and Charlie taking shots.

"How did-" She paused again "Was it easy- How?"

"How did we start to cope with a kid?" I asked for her, she sighed then nodded. "Well, obviously Char knew how to start off since he was old enough to help look after Ollie when he was born, but...I didn't have much experience, so Charlie and I compared notes and took tabs of things that worked for Rey..." I smiled at him "There were a few rocky moments but it was all worth it!" 

"Thanks Nick, you and Charlie are so lucky to have each other," she said

 I went over to Charlie who was laughing with Darcy, I took him in my arms and whispered to him "Should we tell them now?" He looked at me in surprise and then nodded drowsily. I took his half empty wine glass out of his hand (which he then frowned at me for and then chuckled)

I tapped the glass and the room went silence "We have an announcement-"

"YOUR PREGNANT?!" Drunk Darcy yelled from the side of Tara, Charlie snorted at this and shouted back:

"NOT YET AGAIN!" Which I happened to laugh at, 

"We're engaged!" Charlie stuck his tongue out and showed off his ring, while spinning, to the room.

"Wait you weren't all ready?" Elle said.

"SINCE WHEN?!" Tao screamed

"Omg finally!" Aled exclaimed.

"HUH?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU YOUR GAYNESS IS TOO LOUD!" Darcy laughed which made Charlie laugh even more to.

Tara was holding Rey and pointed to us as she let her down and Rey ran over to us.

"Is dat what the wing is fowr?" Rey asked as Charlie picked her up, hiccuping.

"Yep! And now your daddies are gonna be married! I get to wear a fancy coat and walk up a fancy aisle! And you get to be flower girl!" Charlie smothered her in kisses as we were then swarmed with questions...And for the first time that night...

I remembered how lucky I was...